Seven

The sun peaked through the windows of the girl's dorm making Maddie restless. She groaned as the sunlight hit her eyes making them open. She stretched in her bed not wanting to get up but the girls around her were not letting that happen. Their constant chatter was making Maddie aggravated in her sleepy state but in their defense breakfast was soon.

Maddie felt little paws on her leg as Fetty made his way up to her stomach. Every morning Fetty had his own little ritual of cozying up to Maddie right before she needed to get up making her want to stay in bed longer. Her hand found his back and started petting him still with her eyes closed. He came closer to her face and she felt something in his mouth. Maddie shot up from her position opening her eyes seeing a white envelope in his mouth.

She furrowed her brows taking the envelope from his mouth giving him once last pet. On the envelope the name Lena was messily written. She flipped it over opening it to find a piece of folded up paper.

Lena,
I've seen you from the distance and I guess I wanted to say hi but I can never get the chance. All those judge mental stares I'm sure we would get. I'm not one to really care about what others think of me but it goes a little deeper with you. I look forward to writing to you.
Rick

Maddie didn't understand, who was Lena? Who was Rick?

"Fetty I think you got the wrong letter." Maddie said getting up from her bed. She quickly pulled her covers making her bed so she didn't look like a mess compared to the other Hufflepuffs. She left the note on her bed while she grabbed her school uniform from her trunks.

She came back out fully dressed seeing her roommates surrounded by her bed. She walked closer seeing Susan with the note in her hands, Maddie wanted to blow her head off. "Looks like Maddie has a secret admirer." One girl smiled.

Maddie pushed through the crowd of girls that had developed while she was getting ready. She took the note out of Susan hands and rolled her eyes, "clearly there was a mix up I don't know a Lena and I don't know a Rick." She explained.

Susan furrowed her brows and laughed, "what is your full name?" Susan questioned.

"Maddalena?" She answered confused her eyes widened as she realized she was Lena. "No fucking way!" She yelled rereading the note.

"And Rick is obviously Cedric." Another said making Maddie's face fall she shook her head.

"No way he's been talking to Cho." Maddie said putting the note down and picking up her brush.

"We'll just have to find out." Susan laughed, "want us to wait?" She asked while Maddie shook her head brushing through her dark brown hair, "I'll meet you guys down there."

On that cue the Hufflepuff girls walked out of the dorm leaving Maddie and Fetty alone. She turned to her orange tabby cat, "who gave you this?" She asked as if he would answer back, he looked at her blankly.

"Everything here is magic but they neglect to have speaking animals?" She questioned aloud. Maddie grabbed her wand and her robe, giving Fetty a kiss goodbye she hid the note in her trunks and walked out the door.

The doors of the Great Hall were opened and breakfast had already started. Fred's face grew with concern every time he looked at the Hufflepuff to see if Maddie would magically appear. Cedric even noticed his constant head turning towards his table.

"Anyone notice Fred Weasley looking over here?" Cedric asked his friends, they shrugged him off.

"Maybe he has a crush on the Triwizard champion." Anthony suggested with a laugh.

Maddie kept her head down and quickly entered the Great Hall hoping that nobody would notice. Caroline shot up from her seat and ran to the Hufflepuff table as soon as Maddie sat down and started reaching for the eggs.