-45-

A/N: I'm glad y'all enjoyed the Syd/Luca scene last chapter, so it's obvi staying!

+++

"So... We haven't really had a chance to talk about what exactly this is," Syd said gesturing between herself, Luca, and Emiliano as they sat at the counter eating breakfast.

"Is it not obvious, tesoro?" Luca asked plainly.

"What?" Emiliano smirked. "You wanted both of us to fuck you last night?"

Syd took a bite of her French toast to avoid the question.

"We gotta wait till you're healed up, sweetheart. Don't want to put you back in the hospital..."

"Whatever," Syd muttered. "But did you really have to kick out Luca?"

Emiliano feigned offense and put his hand to his chest. "And you call me the exhibitionist?"

"That was for your safety," Luca grumbled. "I was already too rough with you... And you don't need to be doing any strenuous activities."

"No you weren't," Syd poked out her bottom lip. "You act like you'd kill me or something."

"So much pouting already today, sweetheart," Emiliano teased. "You were whining this morning about being a pillow princess... It's okay. I love watching you come undone under me."

Syd shook her head with a smile. "So, does this mean that the three of us are-"

She was cut off by her phone ringing and looked down to see Santiago's name.

"Shit!" She held up the phone to show Emiliano and Luca.  "It's Santi."

"Shit," the brothers said in unison.

Syd took a deep breath before answering. "Hi Santi..."

"Hola, nena!" Santiago said excitedly. "Que tal estas? Todo bien con tu familia?" [How are you? Is everything good with your family?]

"We're great," Syd responded sarcastically. "The fuck do you want, Santi?"

"Oh? No Spanish today?" he teased.

"No, bitch. Now tell me what the fuck you want."

"Mira a tu telefono." [Look at your phone.]

Syd pulled the phone from her face to see that she was receiving a FaceTime call from Santiago and groaned knowing what was coming. She accepted the call and saw a panicking Lali with tape over her mouth handcuffed to a hospital bed as Santiago sat next to her.

"Who the fuck is that?" Syd hoped that Lali had kept her mouth shut, though considering that Santiago had called, chances were he knew exactly who she was.

"No need to lie, nena. Sabemos que esta embarazada con tu sobrino." [We know that she is pregnant with your niece/nephew.]

"Who told you that?" Syd continued her act. She knew that downplaying their relationship could be risky for Lali's safety, but as a negotiator, she knew that if Santiago was aware of Lali's value, he'd realize just how much leverage he had.

But it was too late for Syd's bluffing to make a difference.

Santiago's demeanor flipped from snide to agitated. "Don't fucking lie to me!" he snapped, causing Lali to jump. "Ya me dijo todo! [She already told me everything.] She and Sean are lovers and she's pregnant with his baby."

"Que quieres, Santi?" Syd grumbled. [What do you want?]

"Now, you're finally ready to get to business!" Santiago clapped as if entertained with a big grin on his face. "It's a simple exchange, nena. Dmitry and Viktor will take you and your brother's seats on the Council and you'll get back this girl and the baby she's carrying unharmed."