Chapter 12

Mitch and Annika woke up the next morning and headed down the stairs where they saw that no one was there yet. They noticed the time and saw it was barely '7:30' in the morning. Annika convinced Mitch to cook everyone breakfast so that Melissa wouldn't have to.

They knew she and the Sheriff had had a late shift the night before and Annika thought it would be nice to do something for them. She reminded him "They did raise you after all." knowing that that would get to him.

Even though Mitch acted like an asshole and all emotionless he actually cared about his family, even when he refused to see them and refused visit the town he'd always kept tabs on all of them.

So with that being said Mitch and Annika both got breakfast ready, Annika making to eggs and Mitch making the pancakes next to her. They had put a large pot of coffee to brew before starting so that it would be ready by the time they finished.

When Annika finished with the eggs she made some bacon while Mitch stacked the last of the pancakes onto a plate. When they finished with breakfast they could hear the others coming down the stairs and saw it was now '8:00' in the morning.

They turned around towards the doorway seeing Melissa and Noah coming in holding hands while Scott came in rubbing the sleep from his eyes. They took a big sniff of the air and smiled at the delicious smell of coffee and bacon.

"We know you guys had late shifts last night so we wanted to give you all a break." Annika said with a smile. Mitch stood next to her and even though he didn't smile they saw the slightest movement on his lips and for now it was good enough.

They all smiled back and said "Thank you." and walked to the table and all sat down as Mitch gave everyone a cup of coffee and a small cup of orange juice. They ate breakfast and talked about life.

Mostly telling Annika about Stiles life growing up. "He and Scott used to do everything together and they would get in so much trouble." Melissa said as Mitch let out a slight smile and huffed a laugh at the memories brought up by that one comment.

And even though most of them were good memories he couldn't help but focus on the bad ones. Throughout his life in Beacon Hills he's been through a lot and even though most of his life has been a bunch of bad memories he tried focusing on the good moments.

But when you've been through all the things that he has at some point you can't keep focusing on the 'good' moments when the bad ones far out weigh the good. So even though the memories coming to his mind started good they went bad pretty fast.

At first it was memories of his mom in the hospital, then the incident on the roof 'He's trying to kill me!'. Then it turned to the night he saved Erica and Boyd from Gerard, though he'd never thought he saved them 'I'm not a hero dad.'

Then it turned to when he was possessed by the nogitsune 'When is a door not a door?', then the night he killed Allison, he still remembered the last thing she ever said 'I love you Scott Mc-McCall...' He caused so much pain.

Then Donavan 'Some of us are human!' then the beach shooting 'Katrina!' Then it turned to the time Ronnie shot Annika 'I want to see my family Mitch.' He was glad he had the chance to move the gun so that it shot her in the stomach and not the neck. He needed her.

"-ch. Mitch. Mitch!" Mitch blinked, being pulled out of his thoughts then turned towards Annika who had been calling him. She wore a slightly concerned face and it was then that he felt the single tear that had left his eye.

He quickly wiped it away and got up from the table his plate only half empty and coffee still half full. He went upstairs and quickly got changed into a dark grey t-shirt, some black jeans, and some boots.

He got his gun and put it on his waist band in the back. He ran back downstairs and said a quick "I'll be back." to his family who was still in shock and grabbed his black jacket from the rack walking out of the door.

He took his keys out of his pocket and quickly got in his car a started it. He pulled out of the driveway and decided he'd make one stop to somewhere he hadn't been to in a long time before going out and working on the case.

He drove until he made it the the middle of the town and parked right in front of Beacon Hills cemetery. He got out of the car and walked in trying to remember where his mother's grave was. He looked around for about five minutes before finding it.

You'd be surprised how big the cemetery is in a small town like Beacon Hills. He walked up to his mothers grave and read

'Claudia Gajos-Stilinski'
'1972-2004'
'Loving mother and wife'

He kneeled down on one knee and started talking with a deep breath "Hey mom. Sorry it's been so long, it's been a shit couple of years. Um- I got into the CIA. Wasn't exactly planned but that's fine."

"I got engaged but, you probably know, she died. I went to college for like three years but y'know I dropped out for obvious reasons.' he said with a chuckle 'I know this isn't what you would have expected from your son."

"I'm sorry if I disappointed you, I know dad's disappointed. I mean I was always getting into trouble and then I let myself get possessed and I killed one of my best friends. I've killed a lot of people but I guess that comes with the job."

"But there's this girl. She's really great and I actually really love her. Of course I haven't told her that.' he said with a chuckle, then the tears started brimming his eyes 'I miss you mom. Nothing has really been okay since you've been gone."

"I know I should be happy that dad has Melissa, and I am, but I just- I need my mom." He said as a few tears fell down his face. "I love you." And with that he kissed two fingers and placed them on the tombstone, getting up in search for another person he loved.

Once he found the tombstone, once again kneeled down and he read

'Katrina Harper-Stilinski'
'1995-2017'
'She was the light of my life- M.S'

"Hey Kat. It's been a while. Sorry about that, I got caught up in getting revenge and then stopping Ghost. I miss you. I guess I kinda snapped when you died. I found someone, I think you'd really like her."

"Knowing you you'd be happy that I found someone new after all this time.' he said with a chuckle 'Thank you, for being there. You were truly one of the greatest times of my life and I will always love you." he said kissing two of his finger and placing them on the stone.

With that he got up and went in search for the last person he had to see before leaving this place. He knew exactly where she was because he was the one that chose her spot. Right under a big willow tree he kneeled down and read

'Allison Argent'
'1994-2014'
'She was the best person I ever got to meet and I love her for it- C.A, S.M, M.S, L.M'

"Hey Ali. I know it's been a while, last time I saw you it was the day before I left for college. Sorry I didn't visit when I brought Katrina over to meet everyone, I guess it sorta slipped my mind..." he said looking down at the ground.

"Anyway um- I hope you're doing okay and I hope you're happy. I want you to know that I'm sorry. For everything. You're not here and it's my fault.' he said with tears running down his face 'I'm so sorry for that but I want you to know that I love you and I miss you so much."

He said with a sniffle, kissing two finger and placing them on the tombstone once again. He got up, wiping his tears and walked out of the cemetery with his usual emotionless face. He walked to his car, taking his phone out to text Annika telling her to meet him at the loft and to tell Scott to call a meeting.

Once he sent the text he put his phone back in his pant pocket and went to take his keys out of his jacket pocket when he was hit with something hard in the back of the head and everything went black.

___________________________________

I-
Double update 🤗
Hope y'all liked the chapter, much love. ✌️💕