Taehyung

"Shall we gag and tie him down?" I try to suppress the amusing image Jin glares at me from across the room, sitting back against the door on the floor Jimin is —at this moment —banging and screaming against.
     He groans. "Shut up. He's overwhelmed and needs to let it out." He pauses. "I guess it was a good idea to lock him in the room, though." Almost resentful at my good idea.
     I roll my shoulders and pour myself a drink at the bar. "He's practically feral." Teasing. "Gotta watch him or else he might stab you in the back."
    Unamused, he hisses at me, tail swishing angrily. "I'll show you feral. Just shut up and drink your shit before I stab you in the back."
     I lift my glass in a mocking solute before downing the strong liquid. "Down kitty. Been there, done that, regardless."
     Soon after, Jimin finally stops and goes silent.
I side eye an anxious Jin.
    "Don't open it yet. It's a trap to try and escape." Not that he could. I don't add. It's better to avoid too much of rage and damage. He's stretched pretty thin as of now. I'll save my teasing for later after Jimin is gone and there are no witnesses...
"I used to be able to fix things for him..." He sighs out of nowhere, bowing his head low, defeated. "I used to always take care of him and protect him. Then everything went wrong...." He gives me a pointed look.
I choose wisely not to comment on the jab and shake my head. Battles and wars.. "He grew up. You cannot parent him forever. He chose his forever family. He chose Yoongi and Jungkook to be his protectors. He left you behind to suffer and never once thanked you for all your sacrifices. Why feel so much guilt, hm? If I were you I'd be fully focused on revenge."
"Which is why I am not you." He spits.
I laugh lightly. "We are the same cloth simply cut in different ways—you pretty colors and shapes while I was sheathed from sharp edges and tears. The results may vary but we are what we are, my love."
"You and your stupid analogies."
"When you're as old as me it become a habit to sound the smartest when speaking of the simplest things."
Snorting, he shakes his head. "You sound pathetically stupid and trying way too hard to be smart."
"It's fine. Continue taking your frustrations out on me. I will bear it for you." Clicking my tongue, I nod towards the door. "Open it."
Frowning, he shakily stands and does as I say, cracking it open and peaking inside.
Pausing, it takes several seconds before he flings it open with a curse. "What the hell!"
Casually, I stroll inside and notice the hastily put together ladder of sorts made from the bed, a medium sized bookshelf, and random items leading up to a broken vent close to the ceiling. Fucking cats.
Jin waves his hands around. "How the hell did he even fit?!"
I smirk. "Well I'm not too sure. His ass is huge, I'll admit." I make my gaze clear on his behind as I speak making him blush.
"Don't look at his ass!"
"I'm not. I'm looking at yours."
He sputters in embarrassment for a moment before shoving my chest. "We don't have time for this! Jimin is escaping!"
Rolling my eyes, I trail behind. "He isn't being held hostage last I remember. He's old enough to go on his own. Let him go." He won't get far. The vents all come full circle anyway. I don't mention this, however, as I love chaos.
"I don't care if he's old enough! He's my responsibility!"
I catch his arm, pulling him tight against me. "The thing is—he isn't your responsibility anymore. We are simply keeping him safe until his mates come and claim him. Leave him be and maybe he will realize as well we aren't trying to suppress him but simply waiting for them to come." Trying to reason.
He doesn't want to hear it but he does stop struggling and sags against my chest, breathing deeply. "That hurts. It shouldn't but it does."
"You have to acknowledge it. Leave him alone for now. He won't get out of the house and even if he does..." I shrug. "He will come back because it's where his mates will come to get him. He doesn't know his way around outside."
"Do you think they are okay? We left them and they should have been here by now." He notes quietly.
I hesitate, debating. I won't lie. "If everything went well they would be here already."
He stares at me for a long moment before abruptly striking my neck with his ridiculously unnecessarily sharp canine teeth. "You're supposed to lie to me, you bastard! I don't want to worry. You've never cared about lying to me before!"
I shove his face away and grimace at the blood dripping down my once favorite Gucci shirt. Blood never comes out. "Well I've changed."
Plopping down on the bed, he looks at the open vent. "How far do you think he got anyway?"
I calculate the size and shape of the estate. "Well he probably had to think of a plan and put it together as soon as he stopped freaking out. I'd say he only just climbed up there before we came in...maybe a few rooms over or downstairs by now, perhaps."
He chews on his lip. "When is my son coming home?" I'm nearly whiplashed by the sudden and abrupt turn of the conversation. "Why do you ask? He hasn't been gone long. I told you he's in a very prestigious private school. He's safe and well cared for as well as learning quickly. He will return when they are given a break."
"Which will be?" Not giving in.
"None of your concern at the moment. I will let you know."
"Give me his school schedule. I deserve to see that, at least. He's my son, too." He argues.
Unfortunately he's correct. Sighing, I move across the room to the desk and pull out a booklet that contains information on the school, the location, student dormatories, and all our son's classes and a calendar for the schools scheduled breaks and holidays. I toss it to him and watch as he devours them information, distracting himself from all else.
I leave him to it and walk out, heading downstairs to the bar. A lone staff member stands behind the bar, eyeing me. "Long time no see."
I grasp the glass he slides over, observing the contents before sipping it lightly. "I don't need you anymore." Lightly. The strong flavor hits my tongue and gracefully glides through my body.
He tsks. "Be blunt, why don't you. I thought we had something." Grinning, he flaunts his strong biceps as he 'cleans' the counter.
I raise a brow. "You thought wrong, Lucas."
"Is he really so much better than me? Is it just because he's interesting as a hybrid?"
I sit the glass down, eyeing him patiently." Did you mix your blood in this?"
He winks. "You know you love the taste. It's to your suiting, yeah? Just like my body. He looks nothing like me."
While that's true, it's also very wrong. "You were, are, and never will be anything to me but expendable. Remember your place and never speak bad about my mate. Jin is more than you will ever be to me." I push the glass back towards him. "I did not ask for your blood."
"Not this time." He retorts lightly, bitterly. "You weren't complaining before, though."
I narrow my eyes at him but before
I can comment on his rude behavior, a loud bang comes from the doorway.
Jin is looking at Lucas with murder in his eyes. Violence radiates from him. "I'm sorry but what the fuck did you just say? I know you haven't been fucking and giving blood to my fucking mate?!"
I sit back, hiding my grin. Sure, I'll be paying hell tonight but for now I can just enjoy Lucas getting mauled by my feral and aggressively possessive kitten. I love to watch him go wild. It's a rare pleasure.
Sure, I regret the times I've said yes to Lucas and accepted his blood but it has been a while since then. Lucas was always a little needy and greedy, though.
This...will be fun.

will be fun