True love

The letters ^

Cove's POV
As soon as school ended, I went straight to my car and drove in the direction of River's house. I can't wait to tell him, everything will go back to normal.

River's POV
It's been 4 f*cking days since I've last seen or talked to Cove. I don't think I can last a day longer, f*ck I need her.

She's doing crazy things to my mind. The other day I consider kidnapping her. Kidnapping. Of course that thought was quickly overruled, but the fact that it even crossed my mind is absolutely insane.

At first I tried to stay strong and not let my feelings take over, but it was inevitable. I'm going back to the old River who kills people for every minor inconvenience.

After I stopped going to school, I starting spending a lot of my time at the warehouse. Stabbing, burning, killing, you name it.

I keep trying to stop myself because I promised Cove that I only kill when it's necessary. This is not necessary.

But it's impossible, doing those things is the only other way I know how to cope. See Cove or kill. When the first option isn't available, I'm forced to go with the latter.

I started to lose hope of Cove ever talking to me again until last night. I was looking at some of the things Cove gave me when I remembered our long distance lamps.

We've only used them about twice before, so I thought there was no chance she'd respond. But she actually did! We kept going back and forth until she gave up.

That has to be the highlight of my week. Even if things don't work out, I'll forever cherish that moment.

Right now I'm holding the very last unread letter that Cove gave me on my birthday. It's a pink envelope with the words "read this if you miss me," written on the back.

Before the fight, I had only read 2 of them. The one for when I was mad and the one for when I was bored.

After the fight though, I read 2 a day. Even if the saying on the back didn't apply, I still read it. All 9 of the letters I've read so far are beautifully written. Cove is extremely talented with her words, just like she's talented with everything else.

I saved the letter that I'm currently holding for last. It took a lot of self control not go tare it open the second she left on Sunday, but somehow I waited. Now I finally get to read it.

Without  waisting another second, I carefully opened the envelope and pulled the letter out. After smoothing down all the creases, I started to read.

Dear my adorable River,

I can imagine your face scrunching up in disgust as you read that. You look so cute with your nose scrunched and eyes slightly squinted, I had to! Even if I can't see your face reading this in real life, I still like to imagine it. You always tell me that I'm too cute for my own good, but it's really the other way around! I know you hate when I call you cute, but it's true.

Alright, back to the point. You're reading this because you miss me. There are a million possibilities as to why you might miss me, but sadly I'm not a time traveler so I don't know the exact one. Maybe we've gone a while without seeing each other, or maybe it's late at night and I fell asleep in the middle of a conversation on the phone. Or maybe I died. Just kidding, I'll never die. I could never leave you like that. You'd be all alone. Okay that's not helping at all, shall we move on? Eww, shall we. What is this, Britain in 1960? Gosh I really need to stop getting side tracked.