𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞

EP 51: Keep.your.mouth.shut.

_____________________

Third Person's

"Ms. Cha? W-Why are you here a-all of a sudden?"
Mrs. Shim cannot help it but to feel a little bit anxious. Haerin bowed her head politely before citing her deal.

"I am here to know everything that happened in the past. Please answer me with full honesty."

Cha Haerin already seem to be grasping the whole situation. Mrs. Shim gulped her own saliva before speaking.

"Would you mind... If we talk elsewhere?"
The woman slid a tiny piece of paper into her pocket before forcing a smile to Haerin. The latter just nodded her head and exited the room.

"What are you doing?"
Mr. Shim, who was just listening to them glared at his other half as he shouted on a whisper after Cha Haerin left the room. 

"I don't want to keep pretending. I'll tell her what I know."
With that, she took her bag and walked away from the room.

Shim Jaehwan took a deep sigh, rolling his eyes and shutting it close after a moment.

But then he realized something.

The picture that he kept on his table, The two young boys holding a purple crocus

is missing.

________________

"So where do you want to start with?"
Shim Jessia anxiously sipped on her cup of tea while looking at Haerin, trying to decipher what she is thinking.

"We visited my mother's grave yesterday and... I realized something."

'i knew it.'
Mrs. Shim thought to herself.

"You were there when she died. Can you perhaps... tell me the whole story? I can't remember what happened that day.."
The young lady asked with sincerity.

Shim Jessia sighed. 

'Maybe it's the time to tell her everything.'
Her hand started to tremble because of an unknown reason, She took the picture on her pocket but accidentally dropped it on the ground.

The picture on Mr. Shim's table.

The missing puzzle piece.

"You see, Haerin. actually... that day-"

"What are you two talking about?"
Mrs. Shim flinched hard, hearing the deep voice of his son right in her ears. Haerin looked at Jake and sweetly smiled, Sweat started to form on Mrs. Shim's forehead.

'He's insane.. way worse than before.'

Her shoes brushed towards Haerin's, grabbing her attention from underneath. Haerin took a simple glance under the table, seeing a photo paper she was stepping on.

"Care to let me join on the conversation?"
His sweet smile hides a devilish grin. And Shim Jessia can look through his facade. 

This killing intent, He doesn't want anyone to interfere with his relationship with Haerin.

"I'm sorry Ms. Cha, Since Jake is here now, I will not be needed here to keep you company." Mrs. Shim tried to look calm and composed, looking at Jake before standing up from her seat.

"You can go talk to her now. I'll take my leave."

"But Mrs. Shim!-"

"Do not worry Ms. Cha, Everything he said was the truth. You can trust Jake. Have faith in him."
She faked a smile before turning her back,  leaving the scene without looking to them once again.

_______________

Haerin's

Have faith in him?

I stepped on the photo, trying my best to hide it from Jake.

"So what are the two of you talking about?"
Jake asked, looking at me with a warm smile.

"Nothing. She's right..."
I smiled back, he chuckled at me and looked outside. 

"Seems like you came here because you missed me?"

"Y-yeah..."
I purposely dropped the fork under the table, so that I can pick the picture with it. The picture was flipped upside down so I can't see what it really is... I need to see it. 

Mrs. Shim didn't left that to just be thrown away right?

"I'll pick it up."
I told him and leaned down, taking the fork and reaching out for the photo.

"Huh? What's this?"

no way.

My hands went utterly cold the moment I felt his hands on mine.  I quickly looked up at him, seeing his facial expression slowly turned cold. He didn't let go of my hand nor the picture. I still haven't seen it.

fvck. i don'y have any choice.

"N-Nothing!"
I took my hand out from his grasp and dropped the picture. he took it and looked, 

I can see his face hardened, 

He looked at me and smiled.

"Maybe it's mom's?"
He told me and slid the photo on his pocket.

"Can I.. see it?"

"You don't have to. It's just a picture of her with me. Maybe she wants to let you see it."

A picture of him with his mom? Why?

"Then can I see it?"

"No. I don't like my face there. It's funny."
He laughed softly.

I sighed and smiled at him.

Maybe that's really just it. Paranoia will not solve anything. I am just overthinking things. He can never lie to me. He will never.

Have faith in him.

"Yobo?"

"yeah?"

"You had your nightmare about what happened in the past yesterday right?"

"Y-yeah...."

"I searched for the ones who did it."

He what?

"But you said-"

"That they were already dead? That's what I thought too.  But it seems like some still survived. "
He looked at me and held my hand.

The ones who killed my mother...

"Do you want to meet them?"

_______________

Heeseung's

"I still can't contact him, hyung."

"I tried my best too... Seems like he's out of service."
Ni-ki and Jay were currently inside my office. We are trying to speak with Sunghoon but we can't contact him in any means possible. Jungwon and Sunoo tried to visit his office and the Shim's company. He must be there right?

"I'm not feeling good about this.."

We should have taken precautionary measures.

Goddamnit where are you, Park Sunghoon?

_______________________

Here's an update~ I hope y'all are safe there. adios!