The Fakeout

"I wonder what the others will think when they find me."

~10 minutes later, Dens perspective~

They spotted Harley, at the bottom of this mountain, Covered in fresh scars, lying motionless  in front of the bloodied body of the fourth swordsman. Den and his friends slowly walked towards the limp body of Harley. "I think he's-"Twinkle toes started to say... "Snooooore!" Harley snored loudly. Everyone sighed in relief and started to wrap Harleys wounds in the meany leaves of the forest, which they also used to make Edric a cloak to protect him from the sunlight.

They decided to let Harley sleep, and heal. In about four hours, Harley woke up to see a fire, and his team mates sitting around it. "Your finally awake, huh. We were wondering when you would come around." Harley stared at his friends, then at the four swordsman, all tied up. One of them was tied in Garlic, stems and all, The others were tied in makeshift rope, made from vines and tree branches. All of them were gagged, unable to speak. One of the swordsmen was a vampire now, another had Broken ribs, Another was covered in burns, and another has shattered legs.

Harley smiled looking at the fourth swordsman, "looks like I was the one that beat you" Harley tried to point at Number four, but his arms were splinted, in order to speed up his recovery. Edric sighed, he did do a number on you, but thank god you were the one to fight him, none of us could have beaten number Four, except you. Den, and Twinkle toes nodded in agreement. Den walked over to Harley, kissing his head "Thank you, love" Den said.

"We're heading up the mountain in an hour, are you coming?" Twinkle toes asked. "You know it!" Harley yelled. As the day grew closer towards 8 o' clock pm (The Time Night starts for Vampires.) Edric got stronger and stronger. Once it hit 8, it was officially night. The Quartet took the swordsmen with them making their way Higher and higher up the mountain.

"Why are we taking these jerks with us?" Den asked. "You'll see..." Edric said, smiling. They eventually made their way way to another group of swordsmen. The swordsmen took one look at Dens team, and let them pass. "Why did they let us pass?" Den asked, Bewildered by what had happened. Edric smiled once again, We have hostages pointing at the swordsmen that they were all holding. "This way we might not have to fight Number one, Jarsyn Brown." After another hour they made their way to the top of the mountain.

There they spotted a man, next to a giant pile of Amber plants, shaped as hearts. He had a large bronze sword, with many cogs, and buttons, and levers on the handle. The Man seemed to be at least fifty years old, he was short and skinny, and had large goggles on his face. He had multiple beakers, and test tubes, a large pot, and a mug The man grabbed a herb, and ground it up, pouring it into a bubbling hot liquid. He started to observe that liquid with a microscope.

"Hey!" Twinkle toes yelled. The man wrote something into a note book, and continued to observe his brew. The group walked closer to this strange man, who continued to ignore them. "Hey! What's up!" Den yelled, quite literally inches away from The Mans face. "Can you hear me?" Den asked.