Chapter thirty four: Ballerinas

"I'm sorry, can I have the girls change here?"

Adeline and Brynlee were over for another play date today, but when they got to the apartment they were wearing small leotards with a pink tutu attached to it.

Beau had answered the door and was caught off guard when he was asked if they could change by Charlotte, the girls' mother.

"Um, yeah. Of course, come in." Charlotte looks just like the girls would if you would picture them grownup, but just a little worn down.

"We were at ballet class!" Adeline did a little hop and twirl as she walked in, Brynlee followed walking normally-only wanting to go play with Maisy.

"That's very cool, ballet class? I didn't know they could start so early." Charlotte handed two small bags to the girls and told them to go change in the bathroom before turning back to Beau.

"Yeah, they go to a little studio a few blocks away from here. It's just a little ballerina class." The girls ran off to go change, Maisy came down the stairs just as they went into the bathroom.

"Where're they going?" Maisy hopped over to Beau and Charlotte, wondering why her friends just disappeared.

"They're just going to change out of their ballerina clothes." Maisy slightly cocked her head at the word 'ballerina.'

"Ballerina?" Beau was surprised when she didn't mush up the word too much, and nodded before Charlotte turned to Beau again.

"They're actually a really good studio, Adeline and Brynlee really like it. Maybe Maisy could join someday, I'm sure she would love it too."

Adeline and Brynlee came running out of the bathroom and gave the bags back to Charlotte. "Thank you girls, why don't you go play with Maisy now."

That sounded good to them, and they all ran up to Maisy's room before anyone could say otherwise.

After they were out of sight, Beau pointed to the kitchen. "Did you want a cup of coffee or something?"

Charlotte smiled, considering how exhausting it is to have two girls and another baby being watched by her mother today, she was tired.

"I would love a coffee."

•. •. •.

Beau and Charlotte talked about the dance studio a little more, and Beau decided he would talk to Maisy about it.

Having her in something could be good for her, and she would get some socializing in with other kids.

So that night before bed, Beau talked to Maisy about it.

"Maisy, do you remember how Adeline and Brynlee are ballerinas?" Maisy thought for a second before nodding her head.

"Do you know what ballerinas do?" Beau wasn't sure if it was something Maisy would want to do though, for how predictable she can be, sometimes she goes the complete opposite way of their thoughts.

"They twirl in tutus?" Maisy took a guess, she's never seen too much of ballerinas-but she knew the outfit.

"Almost, they dance, and they learn different positions..." Come to think of it, Beau didn't really know much about it either.

"Uh...Adeline and Brynlee are in it and they really like it, do you want to see if you can do it too?"

Maisy thought for another moment, did she want to dance with her best friends in a pretty tutu? Absolutely. "Yes pwease!"