CHAPTER 2

I was not expecting such great responses after couple hours of posting the first chapter! Thank you so much!! Specially for you, here's chapter 2 a bit earlier than intended. :D

Rusty, wrecked and barely functioning truck was like a highlight of trouble among the sleek, brand new cars. Mercedes on one side, brand new Bentley on other, she had to be careful not to open her door too fast and go broke because of a surprise dent-

Is that a fucking Lamborghini!? 

If she as much as breathed in the direction of that car - Let's just say, it's a very bad idea. 

Sucking in a deep breath, she maneuvered around the fancy-pants cars littering the parking space. Honestly, this felt more like breaking into some downtown rich folks gala instead of attending her own sister's wedding. 

Herds of guests were mingling around neatly decorated tables. Women wore their best dresses and men had gone all out with tuxedos. And then there was Mariana, lurking in shadows safe distance from cars and guests alike. 

Discomfort settled deep within her belly. When Sophia had said casual wedding, she wasn't expecting a fucking grand ceremony of the year that New York Times would put on a freaking first page! Casual wedding my ass!

Welp, there was no turning back now. She had arrived, might as well give these stuck-ups a healthy dose of culture shock. The plan was just to congratulate her sister, threaten Matt that she would hang him by the balls if he ever hurt Sophia, and make a run for it before the witch hunt had begun. 

Chin held high, Mariana marched forwards. A sleeve of tattoos peeked out from underneath her rolled up flannel shirt. Her black denim jeans sported a hole on each knee and the muddy leather boots almost looked like an abuse to the neatly trimmed lawn. No grass is supposed to look that perfect. It's a grass!

Among the dozens of beautifully arranged bouquets of flowers and red carpet worthy guests, she looked like speck of dirt. All heads snapped in her direction the second she approached the wedding venue. She held back a smirk. 

A part of her savored dearly the mixed looks of horror and disgust. Ah, like a prick in their eye. Human guests just appeared greatly confused as if she had mistaken the wedding for a local pub. The werewolves were an entirely different story. 

What the fuck is a rogue doing here? 

Is that what I think it is? 

Where the hell are guards!? Someone inform the Alpha!

The angry murmurs reached her sensitive ears. With the corner of her eyes she could see a couple male wolves move towards her or push their female companions back with protective possessiveness. 

It was almost too bad she didn't have time to be mean and show some teeth just to spite them. Mariana had a mission and she much rather face her sister without being tackled by ten enforcers.

"You got some nerve, rogue." A burly guy had stepped up to block her path. Strong built, short trimmed hair, familiar scowl of disgust, and ex-military vibe. Delta. Without a doubt. 

"Can't argue with that." Mariana retorted, making sure not to lose the calm exterior. Those tend to make the hot heads tic - speaking from personal experience. 

Worked like magic. The guy barely stifled a snarl. His brows creased with effort to keep his wolf at bay. "You're coming with me." His arm shot out, grasping her by the elbow painfully. 

"No, I'm not." Mariana returned his fierce glare. "Not very nice way to treat bride's guests like this." Her own wolf stirred inside its cage, more than eager to provoke a fight. Even before she was labeled rogue, her wolf had thrived in midst of fight.