25.

Caroline walked into the high school cafeteria. People were decorating for the next decade dance. Her eyes spotted Matt so she began to walk over to him. "What is this?" She asked.

"It's the decade dance." Matt told her, "Remember, you made us sign up to help?"

"No." She said as she picked up a boa, "This. The 20s. We're doing the 70s."

"Too flashy, people. It's supposed to be speakeasy, not the World Fair." Rebekah yelled at the dozens of students trying to decorate.

Rebekah looked over at Layla, who had decorations in her hands, hanging up lights."Look who decided to show up."

Layla looked over at a stewing Caroline Forbes. "I guess Matt told her that we aren't doing the 70's anymore."

Rebekah grinned, "Come on Layla. We are going to talk to her."

Rebekah and Layla walked over to Caroline. Layla felt the slightest bit bad for doing this to Caroline but, she truly loved the idea of the 20's. "Ah, good, you're here. I need help setting up the tables so, get to it."

"What do you think you're doing?" Caroline asked.

"Somebody has to be in charge." Rebekah smirked.

"Yeah, me. I'm the chair of the Dance Committee. The theme of the decade dance is the 1970s." Caroline stated as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"So, you'd rather dress in tacky colors with bad hair than be a classic flapper from the jazz age?" Rebekah asked.

"Maybe we can do both decades?" Layla suggested, making eye contact with Matt.

"No." They both said at the same time.

"Go on, Matt, don't be a coward." Rebekah said looking at him, "You know you loved my 20s idea when I presented it to the group. So did Layla."

Caroline looked back at Matt and Layla. "Traitors!"

"Bell bottoms and disco?" Matt questioned. "I don't know, this just seemed cooler."

Rebekah smirked. "See? It's just cooler."

Caroline huffed, "Whatever. Have fun at your stupid dance."

Layla watched as she marched out of the cafeteria. "Matt you should talk to her."

He nodded before chasing her out. Layla turned to Rebekah, "I feel bad. She really wanted to do the 70's."

Rebekah shrugged, "I really don't care. Now come on let's finish decorating."
******************
Matt drove up the the Mikaelson Mansion, parking his truck in the front. Lyla sat in the middle, watching Rebekah give Matt love eyes the entire time.

"Here we are. Home, sweet, home." Matt said.

"Okay, spill. Why are you being nice to me?" Rebekah asked.

Matt shrugged, "I drove you and Layla home. Either of you had a car."

"Not just that, I mean, helping me with the dance and then standing up to Caroline." She said, "I don't buy it."

"Buy what?"

"The whole gentlemanly thing. After everything my family has done to you." Rebekah said, "What are you up to?"

"It's sad that you can't just get a ride home from school without thinking there is some ulterior motive." Matt told her.

Rebekah sighed, "You're right. I'm probably gonna organize the whole dance and then have to compel myself a date."