Chapter 46

Rita's pov

It's been final.

I had lost him. He didn't hear me out. He wanted nothing to do with me. I respected his wish.

Therefore, I decided to get out of his life — out of his mansion. I really owned barely nothing — only the house in Seattle and the money in my bank account to to do the payments the doctor and lawyer who lied for me.

I was packing my bags to move to Seattle. I planned to stay in Seattle until he wanted to talk to me and came to me.

I wouldn't pressure him. If he didn't want anything to do with me, and never visited me, I'd also be okay with it — as long as he was okay.

"Madam, Mr. Espresso, arrived, he claims the mansion is his and wants entry." I froze in my movement, the clothes in my hands fell to the ground.

"Roman came?" I slowly turned to the maid, looking at her surprised.

"Yes, shall the security let him in?" she asked me. Too excited, I ran out of my room, ready to greet him. I rushed down the stairs, and sprinted out of the front door, literally darting to the gates.

And there he was, standing behind the gates in the shining night like my dark prince.

"Open the gates!" I demanded. When there was no more separation between us, I ran in his arms.

My lips melded with his, and I smiled as he kissed me back. "I knew you'd come back to me, I missed you so much."

"You gave me the mansion, it's mine, I came to see my home," he claimed, looking at the estate. My heart sank. He didn't came for me, he came to his property.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, pushing my body off his. "It's yours, welcome to your home, I was packing to leave anyway."

"Stay." His words surprised me. I blinked. Once. Twice. He wanted me to stay?

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me?" I asked confused, but my insides melted. He said stay. He wanted me to stay.

Grabbing my waist, he pulled me closer. Leaning down, he nibbled on my ear. "Then, you are wrong, I am not over you."

"Okay," I immediately agreed. "Okay," he repeated, giving me a quick kiss near my ear, before pulling away and looking at the security. "Tell them to listen to me now, I want to be able come and leave without them holding me up.

"Please listen to Mr. Esposito's demands, he is the owner of the mansion and pays your salaries," I told the security guards who nodded their heads.

"Let's go inside, it's cold outside!" I pulled him inside the mansion. "Come on, are you hungry?"

"We need to talk, Rita," he remarked as we were walking up the stairs.

"Oh, okay," I muttered, pulling him to the office. He looked around, before looking at me. "Where are the files?"

I paled, shaking my head. "We can't give him the files, Roman." Ignoring what I said, he asked, "What's the code to the safe?"

"The date we met," I muttered. Opening the safe, he found nothing but money. "Where did you hide them?"

"They guarantee us that he stays put. As long as we have the files he will leave us in peace." My hands were on my belly. When I said us, I meant all three of us.

His gaze went down, looking at my belly. Slowly, he approached me. Putting his hand on my belly, he felt my small bump. I smiled.

"You lied to me about your pregnancy too," he said, making my smile fade.