Secret love (2) ~ Natasha Romanoff

The next morning you snuck into Natasha's room and she was still sleeping, so you made you both breakfast and brought it up to her. Natasha woke to the smell of bacon, eggs and a warm cup of coffee. "Y/n?" She said immediately searching for you in the room. "Nat." You said, standing up from her desk and sitting at the edge of her bed. "You've never made anyone breakfast before." She said with a smirk. "I've never made out with another avenger in the cleaning closet." You said with a grin and an intense blush spread across Natasha's face as she started eating her breakfast. "About that, look I get it if you don't wanna do it again or if you're not into girls that much or if you like someone else or if you were just exper.." You watched as she rambled on, speaking at a million miles per hour, looking at her plate as she ate, avoiding eye contact. You however just sat admiring her deep green eyes. She was cute when she was flustered.

Eventually she looked up at you and noticed you had a massive grin across your face. "You're cute when you're rambling." You said, and although you thought it wasn't possible, she blushed even more.

You both decided not to tell anyone about it, besides you weren't really dating, just making out a lot, plus no one even knew you were gay. Come to think about it, no one really knew anything about you.

One morning after an intense make out sesh with Nat, you both headed downstairs for breakfast. It had been about three weeks since the whole closet incident and no one suspected a thing. You walked into the kitchen where Wanda, Steve and Tony were eating. "Hey guys!" Nat said. I just nodded at them as usual. I made my way to the fridge to get ingredients for my breakfast. "Oh My God!" You heard Wanda say. You didn't think she was talking to you so you continue working. "Y/l/n!!" You looked up at your name and realised she was talking you you. You raised your eyebrow, indicating for her to explain. "Is that a hickey?" Fear immediately shot through you. This was when they were gonna figure it out. Shit what do I say? "Who's the lucky guy?" Steve finally said. Thank God for his old fashioned brain. "Or lady?" Tony added. Damit Stark. "Don't worry Tony, we won't tell Pepper it was from you." Natasha teased, smirking. "Hey, don't joke about that young lady." He said as he left the room. "Mhm, bye bye Grandpa." She said.

You sat down beside Steve with your food. "It was a guy though, right?" You looked up at him and nodded your head. You knew it wasn't his intention to be like that, he's a 70 year old fossil and things have changed a lot. It wasn't really his fault.

~<•••>~

One night after you had snuck into Nat's room and fell asleep in her arms you had the same nightmare, but this time they were torturing Nat too.

Natasha had woken to you blurting our German words and crying, jolting around in the bed. She started to shake your shoulders. "Y/n wake up! Its just a dream!" She continued to shake you until you woke.

You clung to her, crying into her shoulder. She rubbed your back but as she did she felt bumps, almost like scars, but she didn't mention it. When you had started to breath normally and stopped shaking you lay back down in Natasha's arms as she brushed through your hair.

"Did you feel them?" You asked her. "Y/n you don't have to talk about it if you don't want.." "I want to." You said interrupting her. No one except Nick Fury knew about your past with HYDRA, but you wanted her to know, you didn't want any secrets.

You turned your back on her and took off your top, which revealed the marks engraved into your back.

Natasha teared up at the sight of your lower back, "y/n, oh my god." She said with a sorry voice. She looked at all the scars across your back from whips and the scars caused by knives and the metal toe at the tip of boots. But the most prominent out of these was the word HYDRA engraved into your skin. It was clear someone had written the words with a knife. Although it had healed, that scar would never fade.

She began to trace the word with her finger. At first you flinched as her cold skin came into contact with yours but you relaxed, knowing she would never hurt you. You fell asleep in her arms again, but from then on she held you a little tighter.