Chapter 34

"Look." Emilyn wave the phone in front of Christopher's face when she got into his car.

"Stop waving in front of my face I can't see." He chuckles and grabs a hold of her arm stopping it from moving.

"Look is my first article about you," Emilyn said. "My name is on it." She pointed to the name above the title.

"I'm so proud of you baby." Christopher turns to give her a charming smile on his face. "You did great." He scrolls through the article. "Look how great these pictures came out."

"Andrew and Savannah helped me choose those pictures," Emilyn told him. "Especially Andrew, he has a keen eye on these things." A deep rumble came out from his chest. "Are you okay?" Is something wrong?" She asked him with a worried face.

"Who is this Andrew guy? Are you guys close?" He asked.

"You met him before remember." Emilyn reminded him, Christopher furrows his eyebrows. "The guy who was with me when you bought those pictures of both of us."

He tilts his head back and thinks, "Do you remember? He is a little shorter than you with brown hair and brown eyes." Emilyn describe.

"Yeah, I think so," Christopher said. "Are you guys close?"

"Yup," Emilyn nod her head. "quite close, he is a good friend in my workplace."

Christopher sat in his seat silent, not saying anything for a while. "So how is your grandma? She got admitted to the hospital today, right?" Christopher change the topic "Why aren't you with her?"

"She chases me out of the hospital, telling me to go back home to rest." Emilyn sigh.

"She just wants you to be comfortable so that you don't have to sleep on the hospital chair."

"I know." She sigh. "I hope everything goes well."

"When is the surgery?" Christopher asked, passing back her phone.

"Next week," Emilyn said, taking back her phone. Out of the window, Emilyn spotted someone familiar walking down the street. "Christopher." She grabs on his arms. "Look." She pointed out the window. "Is Ana."

Ana stops and stares at the car that they are in suspiciously. She begins walking closer to the car, Emilyn hold tightens on Christopher's arms. "Can she see us?"

"Angel, if she can see us. She will be screaming." He said.

"What am I going to do?" Emilyn asked frantically. "I can't let her find out, not now."

"Calm down, okay. I got a plan." Christopher said. "Climb into the back of my car and crouch down." Emilyn did as told. Once, she is crouch down in the back seat. Christopher took off his jacket and cover her.

"Hey," Christopher said rolling down his window.

"What are you doing here?" Ana asked.

"One of my friends lives in this area." He told her.

"Hmm," Ana said, "Can I ask what happen to you and Emilyn? The last time we talk, she said you guys are not talking."

"Not talking?" He asked with an amused tone. "What is trying to do?" Emilyn thought, she hit the back of his sit. Christopher glances side-ways and Emilyn scowled at him. "What else did she say?" Christopher added.

"Not much, just say that you guys aren't friends anymore and she tries to avoid you at all cost," Ana said. "So what exactly happened to both of you?"

"I don't know, you should ask her why is she avoiding me." Emilyn can feel the smirk on his face.

"Anyways, I'm going to head up. Emilyn is waiting for me." Ana said.