thirty three; toxic

The noise of black heels bounced off the stone grey walls, candles flickered as the dark clad figure passed by them

The noise of black heels bounced off the stone grey walls, candles flickered as the dark clad figure passed by them. Something in the air changed as she walked by. Not that the atmosphere ever held anything other than fear, or danger, however as she glided through its halls, it seemed to get colder. It was as if it could sense the explosion that was about to go off.

Many darkly clad figures stood around the throne room. All of these had costs that would tie around their neck and flow to the floor. No one was exempt from wearing one, except for the vampire that was making her way to that very room.

Each and every vampire had an ability that would make the other scared, but for a reason that was never voiced among them, Delilah George instilled a different type of dread. It wasn't on par with Aro, or Jane Volturi, no, those two spread unimaginable horror. However, the presence of Delilah was enough to set these powerful vampires on edge.

The newborn was unpredictable, which is what made her so dangerous.

As the doors swung open, Delilah entered the room, pleased to see that she was the last to arrive. She never did like to be early to things like this. There hadn't been many 'meetings' that she'd attended, but the ones she had made her realise that the less time spent here, the better.

"Sorry I'm late," The brunette looked down at her nails as she stopped in front of the steps where Aro stood in front of his large throne like chair, "I was doing," She paused, unsure of an excuse, "....things."

It was lucky that Aro had a soft spot for Delilah, because no body else would get away with behaving in such an informal way. But since the girl had arrived in Volterra, she had been allowed to do as she pleased; she declined officially joining the Volturi, and left the castle as and when she pleased.

Her position had caused many of the vampires to resent her. Many had hatched plans to get rid of Delilah, however none of them ever worked out. Mainly because Delilah could always sense the threat.

The girl had done a pretty good job of avoiding death, and if she continued playing the game as well as she was, then she'd continue to avoid it for quite some time.

She also felt as if she had nothing to fear, as she had all of the most important members of the Guard on her side. When Delilah grew bored of terrorising tourists, she often found herself seeking entertainment in the likes of Demetri, Jane and Felix. When she grew extremely bored, she would go and find Alec, who had started to like the girl.

With the most powerful members on her side, Delilah had nothing to worry about.

Life, or rather Delilah's afterlife, was pretty much a breeze. The only thing missing, was Rosalie Hale.

The girl had been unable to get the thoughts of the blonde out of her head since she arrived in Italy. At first they had been thoughts of hatred, the same as before Delilah arrived at the newborn battle, however they soon turned into thoughts of love.