Arc 4: Chapter 76

The moon which shone brightly in the night sky, slowly disappeared as the sun woke up from its slumber, rising up high in the sky. Birds sitting on branches sang to a tune as a new day came.

A knock echoed through the large room. It was painted in beige with many ornaments placed all over the room as decorations.

"Your highness, it is time for you to wake up." a muffle maid's voice spoke.

Soft rustles from the bed movement were heard before a petite body rose. Her long curly white hair rested on her shoulders as she rubbed her eyes.

"Come in." she ordered.

The maids waiting outside soon came in and dressed her up. She wore a black dress with mid length sleeves. Her hair was brushed out and put into two neat side buns. Another knock was heard before a figure walked in.

"Good morning your highness." Alec spoke and bowed.

The maids did the same once they finished dressing her up. She paid no attention to them and walked towards Alec's side. A smile bloomed on her face as she looked at him.

"Good morning. Seeing your face is always a good start." Hera said and nodded.

She reached her hand out and caressed his cheek but he avoided it. He turned his back to her,

"Your breakfast is ready, your highness."

Hera frowned at his response to her touch but nodded.

"Bring me there."

"As you wish, your highness."

Footsteps echoed through the mansion, every servant bowed their heads as she walked past. She never once glanced at them only looking ahead at Alec's back.

The memory of him taking care of the red haired girl flashed between her eyes. How his eyes only looked at her, ignoring everyone and their surroundings. She heard how soft and gentle his voice was as he took care of her.

Her hands that were at the sides, curled into tight fists. Why wouldn't he look at her that way? Why wouldn't he even spare a glance at her? He never once did and only looked at her if she called him.

What makes them so different? Hera knew Elenor took him in because of his face. So why did he look at them so differently as if they weren't the same?

She should be the one where he spoke gently to her, not some mere marquess daughter that barely stood a chance with her looks.

Upon reaching the dining hall, Alec pulled the chair allowing Hera to take a seat. Without wasting a second, the servants brought her meal out before disappearing, only her and Alec remained in the dining hall.

It was silent for the whole meal. She glanced at Alec who looked straight ahead, waiting for her to finish her meal. She gritted her teeth in annoyance.

"Look at me." she ordered.

Alec followed her orders and looked at her. She looked straight into his eyes. Although it was her in it, she wasn't satisfied. She wanted him whole.

"Leave."

Alec bowed and walked away. Once he was gone, she threw her utensils in anger. Taking in deep breaths, she calmed herself down. A thought came across her mind.

'Ah. How could I forget?'

An eerie smile was plastered on her face as she got up from her seat. She then headed down to the basement where no light could come in. As she slowly ascended down, muffled whimpers and whispers began to fill her ears like music.