1

*Quick notes before getting started*

First things first, this fic will eventually involve the use of Dabi's real name, so if you don't know what that is, and you don't want to get it spoiled for you, I'd recommend not reading this until at least reading up to chapter 290 of the MHA manga.

Also, this fic has little to nothing to do with the actual plotline of MHA. None of the UA students will be mentioned unless it is very briefly, the main characters that you'll recognize will be the heroes and villains that take part in this. Pretty much none of the cannon storylines are involved.

This fic will also involve smut, like a pretty decent amount of it. It is also heavily plot-based, so those of you who don't like smut are welcome to read, but take this as your warning because most of the smut will not have any warnings beforehand unless it is a scene involving potentially triggering topics.

Since I'm in my senior year and currently working on college apps, I'm gonna try and have a new chapter up either every week or every other week, depending on what I have going on. Trying to upload every other day while writing Any Last Words was stressful and I completely gave up on that at the end lmao.

For those of you here from my last fic, welcome, and I promise that this one won't have as much soul-crushing angst. Everyone who's new here, welcome, and I hope all of you enjoy it!

----------------------

You'd stayed late again.

It hadn't been intentional, it never was, but as you'd furiously scribbled away at the papers placed on the small desk in the far corner you used, you'd failed to notice the trickle of workers through the exit, causing the first floor to be nearly devoid of all people, and how the sun had long past begun its descent.

There was still at least another hour's work to be done, but it would have to wait until Monday. You didn't want to risk getting locked inside again. You'd been stuck inside the dark building for hours, the doors locked from the outside and you hadn't been provided with a key like all of the other employees had. The man who'd locked up had claimed not to notice your presence, but you'd seen the way he'd regarded you, the contempt in his eyes that mirrored everyone else's who you worked with. He'd done it on purpose, and you knew that someone else would do it again if you gave them the chance.

You began to gather your things after somewhat organizing the cluttered assortment sitting atop your desk.  Your back ached from hours of hunching over and the beginning of a headache had begun to form behind your eyes. It would be a relief to leave this place, to get a break from the judgemental stares coming from the pricks who sat near you and to be around the one person who didn't treat you like some sort of freak.

The thought made you chuckle to yourself. People were walking around with scaly skin and tails, yet you were considered the freak.

By the time you stood and grabbed your bag, there were only two other people left on the second floor. You waved goodbye to them, but they gave no acknowledgment to you, as usual. 

It was funny, by not responding, they thought that it would hurt your feelings, allow them to show their superiority over you. In reality, it was one of your favorite parts of the day, because you knew that once those elevator doors shut in front of you, the two of them would make some sort of remark about you, likely something along the lines of 'still don't understand why someone like her is allowed to work here.'

You'd leave the building knowing that you were in the forefront of their minds. By purposefully ignoring you, they were giving you power over them, however little it may be.