𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏303

Thank you SO much for 5.8K reads!! Did I mention this book is growing hella fast?!? :D Alrighty, here's a chapter :))

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐫

.Y/n recognized this song as one of Wilbur's, the one he's created before the election. She remembered the melodic tune, which sounded pretty complicated at first. (I'm sorry if this isn't your opinion 

She couldn't really put a name on the song, since it's been so long since she's ever heard of it. So, the girl decided to wait and listen.

She sat down on the green grass, her back leaning on the walls of the cozy home. She didn't want to come in barging inside, afraid of startling them and forcing the playing to stop. So, the girl went to the back of the house where she wouldn't be as noticeable. Luckily, she could still hear the music.  (I know this seems like a stupid idea, but when I reread this chapter and compared it to the next that I have already wrote, it didn't make sense at all-)

Hence, she started hugging her knees and payed great attention to the lyrics. Despite the fact she could hear the guitar fair and well, she noticed there was a faint trace of a voice.

Y/n then acknowledged the voices as Ghostbur's, and- Tommy's? 

She could tell Tommy was struggling a bit with the lyrics, judging from his frequent pauses. However, Ghostbur was patient, stopping every so often to gently remind him of something.

She started humming the familiar tune, as the soothing sound of the guitar flooded her ears.

                    Cue Flashback! 

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

(Should I stop writing flashbacks so often? I'm not sure if people actually like these lol)

"The distance is futile.."

"Come on don't be hasty,"

"You'll get that feeling.."

"Deep inside your.."

"Bones."

"I'll be gone then, for when you must be.." 

"Alone."

Clapping could be heard, as Wilbur was wrapping up the song. The group sat around the fire,  complementing the brunet and roasting some fluffy marshmallows on sticks. (Which Niki made sure to wash, before stabbing the sweets on them.)

"I think we really needed that." Niki smiled, rotating her stick.

A series of  agreements followed her statement, as everyone contently enjoyed the peaceful vibe of today's meeting.

The blonde was quite right, though. It's been pretty stressful time for everybody- especially Wilbur and Tommy. Ever since Quackity and Schlatt announced their engagement in the election, they both started doubting themselves. 

It was pretty obvious that POG2020 would win. I mean, the citizens of L'manberg have to be smart enough to choose them, and use common sense.

Right?

Plus, it's been a while since the 'founders' of the nation reunited, and spent some time that didn't involve work together. It was rather nice, not having a really big crowd with them.