Chapter 47

ROMAN

A week has passed since I was charged free, helped Antonio kidnap Rita and rightfully owned everything Nicolai and Miguel left for her.

My only condition was that no harm would happen to my child. Therefore, we were easy on her. The punishment for our princess was no princess treatment.

She was getting bread and water. Enough warmth not to freeze her ass off. That was all. No water to wash. No blankets or pillow to sleep. No toilet, but a bag to shit — like a dog. She should drown in her own shit.

Now she was getting what she deserved. But why did I feel like shit? She betrayed me. She was willing to let me rot in prison, where I would probably get killed. She was ready to sacrifice me.

But why couldn't I sacrifice her? Why was guilt washing over me ever time I reminded her painful and sad gaze at me.

Her red puffy eyes were stuck in my mind, making me feel a pang of misery.

"Get out of my head," I muttered, pouring myself a glass of whiskey, drinking the contents all at once.

I probably still thought about her because of my child in her womb. I sighed and closed my eyes for a second, trying to clear my mind.

You really are letting this savage damage us.
You are letting him win by breaking us apart.
I love you, I'd never betray you.

"Fuck," I cursed. I couldn't stop thinking about her, her words still lingering in my mind. And the reason I couldn't stop thinking about what she said was because I couldn't see the liar in her.

I have been trained all my life to tell a lie from the truth. I've been trained to beat the truth out people.

And I felt like she was telling the truth that day in the basement. She always looked away when she tried to hide things from me. But she was looking me in the eyes as she spoke.

However, Antonio's demenaor told me he was telling the truth too. I doubted on my decisions for a week now.

One of them was acting, fooling me for someone who they are not be. Was it Antonio, who tricked me like Rita claimed? Or was it Rita, who started lying like a saint?

I was very impressed as she cried and expressed her love for her dead husband during court. Even I would buy her mourning over her husband if I didn't save her from being raped by him on her wedding night.

Caught between Antonio, who treated me like a brother since I met him, and Rita, who was carrying my child and claiming she was innocent, I felt trapped.

Doubting on my capo was a sin. He gave me a second chance and saved me from getting in jail by kidnapping Rita's mother, blackmailing her to take her claims back and transfer all her shares to me if she wants her mother alive.

And she did as she was told, giving me everything she owned in exchange for her mother's safety, having no clue he'd kill her mother anyway to make her pay for slapping him.

If you messed with capo, he always made you pay. And Rita paid the price for humiliating him by losing her family, and her power to him.

Capo wanted me to own all her shares for a while, before I'd slowly hand him over everything she gave me, so that the situation wouldn't look like corruption.

But for now I should remain the owner of many multi-million-dollar-companies, and run the businesses in Russia and Mexico, which wasn't difficult.

They didn't inly raise me to kill, but also educated me. I had my Bachelor and Master. I still preferred to kill for money, it was less work.