Chapter 20: Memories

Message from: Stripper Chick ;)
Tell your sexy coworker with the black hair I say hi

Message to: Stripper Chick ;)
Emily? Morgan? Hotch?

Message from: Stripper Chick ;)
That's on me, I forgot 'sexy coworker' doesn't narrow it down
Tell Emily I say hi

Message to: Stripper Chick ;)
I'm... not going to ask

***

We dropped the kids off school before driving to Quantico. We never walked in separately; not anymore. After the Frost case, we never even considered walking in alone. I walked up with Spencer and greeted the team.

"Hey, Em," I called as I was leaving, "Jenna says hi."

She smiled and winked at me.

***

"Take your seats, everyone," I called as the class filed in. "We have a lot to get through today."

The entire class groaned.

"Don't worry, we're really just going over the syllabus," I laughed. "I'm not one of those teachers. Welcome to your class on interrogation."

***

"We're giving the profile first thing tomorrow morning," Spencer said as we changed into pajamas. "The legislators are all over our asses in this one."

"Why?"

"We're dealing with threats to representatives' aides. They're kids, for the most part, terrified out of their minds." Spencer scoffed, "It's just giving them another excuse to get nothing done all day in our capital."

"Let me guess, Hotch is making you deal with the legislators themselves?" I could hear the disgust in Spencer's voice.

"They're all stupid and shallow," Spencer spat in response. "They'd giving anything to avoid their name being close to this, even when it has to do with them."

I sighed and beckoned for Spencer to get into bed with me, "You'll give the profile and catch him soon. Just stay with me for now."

***

Spencer's POV

"You never owned her, never." I growled. "No one owns her."

You were angry. Even without seeing your face, I knew. "You disgust me. Just give me a damn confession so we can both be done here."

"You'll have to work for it, sweetheart," Daniel's smile was sick.

"She's not your fucking sweetheart, Frost!" I spat.

"Don't call me sweetheart." How were you so calm? "I escape you."

"You ran off into the clutches of another man, how sweet. Does he do to you what I never could?"

I clenched my fists. "Step. The fuck. Off."

You were calm. "He does better on his worst day than you ever did."

"Hell yeah, I do." I allowed myself a small smile.

I heard Hotch snort behind me, but I didn't care. It was true.

"Don't take that tone with me, not if you want what you're asking for," Daniel was disgustingly nonchalant.

"I could get what I wanted from you when we were together, and I can get it from you now." You were confident, as always. "Just tell me what I need to do."