XXII

Sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜᴋᴇ ᴏғ Sɴᴇᴢʜɴᴀʏᴀ?

Like any other day, M/n peacefully ventures around Mondstadt but with Kaeya, said male took note that M/n had quite the sweet tooth and decide to show the king all the secret sweet shops of Mondstadt

Like any other day, M/n peacefully ventures around Mondstadt but with Kaeya, said male took note that M/n had quite the sweet tooth and decide to show the king all the secret sweet shops of Mondstadt. However, in the middle of this grand tour, Epel, Venti and even Zhongli appear; All seeming to be out of breath.
"Uh, are you guys alright?"

"The *huff* Duke of Snezhnaya has requested to speak with you!"Venti wheezed out while showing M/n an ice blue letter with a beautiful wax seal on it. The emblem pressed into the wax was that of a snowflake.
"Duke of Snezhnaya? Who is that?"

"And that's what I was trying to tell you two before you ran off with the damn letter! Since he isn't the bat shit crazy king anymore, he wouldn't know who that man is."

"I don't know if I should feel offended by what you just said or glad you thought about my memory loss for once...."M/n said deadpanning at Zhongli's choice of words, this prompts Venti to knock Zhongli on the back of the head.
"He's still coming to term, but the duke is a friend of your past self. It's not usual that he calls for you, so it must be important!"

"Well let me see the letter."Venti holds out the letter but Zhongli grabs it first then froze, well everyone did. Zhongli wasn't sure why he grabbed it either then clears his throat.
"You can't just open it without caution. It could have something in...I'll open it just to be safe.."

"That's very nice of you, well on with it."Zhongli nobs then cut the top off and hauling the paper out.
"Dear King M/n, I'm not sure of who you are but the people of my Dukedom seem to know you well. I'm sure this must confuse you so let me fill you in on what's happening. I have amnesia, from what I've been told, I was missing for six whole days and stumbled my way back into Snezhnaya on the seventh day.
I was told by Veronica that you and I were great friends, so if you could, please come to Snezhnaya. I would love to have a chat with you to see if it could refresh my memory.

Duke Zylith."

It was almost laughable to Zhongli, if he didn't want to seem friendly, he would have laughed at the similarities between the two.
"Who's going to tell Duke Zylith that you also have amnesia?"

"Guess I will...Where is Snezhnaya?"

"Uhhhh, M/n, it's very frigid there. Are you sure?"M/n made up his mind on going but 'Helios' was uneasy about the trip at hand, something about it felt off; almost familiar to him, so he decided to dig into the situation and tell M/n of his findings later.

·͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Thanks to Jean canceling all the remaining missions, the gang was able to travel with M/n. Just as Venti said it was extremely cold leading to M/n being bundled up alongside Venti and Aether.
"M/n, are you warm?"

"Yes! This is the first time I've seen this much snow!"

"Maybe I should make it snow around you more often if you're going to make that cute face~"Diluc elbows Kaeya and ushers M/n down the trail to the Duke's home.
"Why do I always get assaulted?!"

"Because you're a perv."Venti, Xiao, and Aether all chime together while Zhongli and Dainsleif nod in agreement with the others. However, Xiao and Venti showed their jealousy on their faces; due to Diluc being the only one who could provide more warmth than they could for the king. Aether had his mind on something else, there was a familiar aura hovering around the area, it reminded him of the day his sister was taken...
"Oh my!"

"It's king M/n!"

"Even in winter clothing, he is beautiful~"
M/n's already rosy cheeks became brighter from the comments made around him and Diluc chuckles.
"It seems that Snezhnaya has been untouched by your negative history. Maybe the duke was very fond of you."

"How old would he be?"

"Four years older than you."M/n nearly slipped on the snow from shock.
"Let's hurry and get you inside before you freeze...Or fall."The two share a brief laugh and continue their way to the door of the duke's manor. Outside of said manor, stood a woman with ash-colored hair sporting a maid's uniform.
"Welcome King M/n, it's been a long time!"

"Uhhh, hello? Who might you be?"

"It's me, Veronica..."

"Well miss Veronica-"Zhongli voiced rather roughly to the 'young' woman in front of them before M/n could.
"King M/n also has amnesia."

"Oh my! Well, you two were two peas in a pod! Straight this way, the duke has been waiting for you to arrive."Veronica gently ushers them all inside of the cozy and warm estate.
"Duke Zylith should be- By the gods!"Veronica scream startled by seeing Zylith sitting in the chair near the fireplace.

"Oh, you're back- Is...Is he King M/n?"Zylith was instantly drawn in upon making eye contact with M/n.
It's M/n...My M/n!!! I can feel his aura of compassion...
Zylith tears up much to everyone's surprise.
"It's been so long..."