42.

Draco's POV

      Having Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Snape has made the class a lot more enjoyable. We finally get to practice spells and we don't get detentions for talking. Well, Gryffindors do sometimes but that's because they're always saying something irrelevant.

       "Now I know that in year four you talked a little but about the three Unforgivable Curses," Professor Snape says. "But who can tell me what the Cruciatus Curse is exactly?"

    Granger raises her hand high but so does Malory, and we all know who Snape is going to pick.

                                    "Yes, Miss Roberts."

          "The Cruciatus Curse is a Torture Curse, that when cast correctly inflicts intense pain on the victim."

          Granger keeps perfect posture but I see her eye twitching in my peripheral vision. I can't wait for the day that she finally decides to not raise her hand in class.

       "Correct. Now because this is one of the three Unforgivable Curses, the penalty for using it on another is a life sentence in Azkaban."

       I think the reason why I refuse to work on the cabinet is because it's only half of a plan; I get Bellatrix and the other Death Eaters into the castle but then I'm still stuck trying to figure out how to kill Dumbledore. And the thought of having to use an Unforgivable Curse on someone else makes my stomach twist.

            "What if you use it on yourself?" Weasley asks, genuinely curious.

       This is exactly what I was talking about earlier.

                   "Detention, Mr. Weasley." Professor Snape growls.

       Potter elbows Weasley in the gut and Snape continues the lesson. He explains how the curse does not physically harm the victim and all of the other boring facts that I've had memorized since year three.

       Once he assigns the homework and gives us a little bit of time to work on it, class comes to an end. But because it's that time of year again, Snape stops us for an announcement.

         "Before you leave I'm supposed to let you know that the school dance is going to be in a couple of weeks."

      Normally all of the girls get extremely excited but the older we get, the less excited they are. I instantly look over to Malory, who's sitting beside Aary, and watch her reaction. Unfortunately, she doesn't even look up from her paper.

               "If you have any questions, don't ask me-"

          "Because you don't care." All of the students finish in sync.

       He nods and signals for all of us to exit his classroom. I assume it's Blaise when I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder but when I look, it's not him.

              "How have you been, Malfoy?" Theo asks.

        I rip his arm off of me and respond. "Fucking fantastic, thanks for asking."

      He laughs under his breath. "Well I actually wanted to ask you something..."

                   "I'm not interested at the moment." I mutter.

      Once again, he laughs, but this time looks around the hallway while doing so. I try to see who he's looking for but when I do, it's too late. He leaves my side and rushes towards-