THIRTY TWO

(A/N No manga spoilers please)

"I know you've missed your boyfriend, apologizes for keeping him from you for so long."

My body stayed stiff by the door, taking in my surroundings. There were four other people sitting around the small bar room. All just watching Dabi and I to see how this situation would go down.

"Uhm, it's okay." I coughed.

Shigaraki sat at the bar counter, balancing cards on top of each other to build a tower as he spoke.

"I figured if I brought you here, maybe Dabi would actually attend our important meetings. Since he is spending all his time with you, right?" The blue haired man looked over at me, his hand piece covering his face, only his red eyes peeking through.

I looked up at Dabi for help, knowing he told me not to answer his questions. But he just stayed staring forward, ignoring my gaze. Not touching me, not acknowledging me.

"Oh? Did he train you to be a good little pet and not speak unless he gave you permission?" Shigaraki laughed, causing the cards to fall down, "Don't worry, he's my pet. So you can do whatever I say."

Dabi's jaw clenched but he stayed quiet. I looked back over at the leader of the villains, realizing I had to handle this on my own.

I didn't understand what Dabi was doing, but I couldn't just stay silent.

"I don't know what he does all day. But yeah he comes over at night." I replied bluntly, "I thought he was with you all the time?"

He took off his hand piece and looked frustrated, unsure what to say.

A man who was made of purple mist laughed and poured Shigaraki a drink, "Let's relax with the tension for a minute and introduce ourselves." He turned to me. "I'm Kurogiri."

"Hello." I gave a single nod.

Another man on the couch popped up excitedly and walked up to me to shake my hand, "I'm Twice... You're pretty. You two don't look good together." He frowned but then his eyebrows raised, "You must be soulmates, how adorable!"

"Uh, thank you, I think." I laughed a bit, his personality causing a bit of tension to relax.

Dabi backed up and leaned against the wall, leaving me standing awkwardly by myself. I was very aware of my body language in that moment.

"I'm Zoe." A girl said from the couch with a wave, "What's your name?"

"It's ____." Shigaraki answered with a smug look, "I told you I'd find out."

"I can answer for myself." I retorted, "I'm ____."

I could feel my legs shake. Being bold probably wasn't my best option right now but showing signs of weakness wasn't either.

Shigaraki cocked an eyebrow and smiled, walking over to the couch, "Wow Dabi, got yourself quite the feisty one. I see why you like her." He plopped down and rested his arms across the back of the sofa, using two fingers he beckoned me towards him, "C'mere."

Suddenly I felt Dabi grab the back of my shirt. Now he was acknowledging me.

"She's fine right here." He stated very seriously.

"Oo there's going to be a fight," Twice clapped his hands.

I could feel my pulse in my throat, unsure of what I should do. Dabi's grasp was hard on my shirt.

"I'm not going to hurt her," Shigaraki rolled his eyes, "I just want her to be more comfortable. Especially since you're ignoring her."

Those last words rang in my ears. I was annoyed he acted so different around them. I didn't expect him to be all over me, but he didn't need to act like a stranger.