Chapter 10: A True Hybrid

Percy, Stefan, and Klaus walked through the smoky mountains looking for werewolves. Stefan was carrying Ray.

Rudy was walking alongside them.

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" The sea green eyed girl teased. The hybrid grinned at her.

"I'm fine." The Salvatore responded.

Klaus added to the teasing, "You sure about that? You know we've been walking for quite some time now."

Percy had a brilliant idea. "I could get on Nik's back and we can race!"

The hybrid laughed as Stefan narrowed his eyes at her.

Klaus looked at the vampire with a smirk. "What do you say, Stefan? Up for a little competition?"

"How about, no?"

Percy nudged his arm. "Aw Stefano. Stop being such a chicken." She proceeded to make chicken noises, "Bok, Bok."

The vampire scoffed at her words. "That doesn't even resemble a chicken."

"I guess you would know since you are one," she grinned at him.

Stefan huffed and stopped walking. "Fine."

A few moments later, Percy was on Klaus's back and his hands held the back of her knees.

Stefan asked, "Are we really doing this?"

"Yes. Alright, get ready. 3, 2,1!" The demigod counted down.

The two vampires ran.

The hybrid easily beat Stefan. It wasn't even close.

Percy cheered and the Salvatore looked defeated.

Rudy barked happily as his tail wagged back and forth.

The sea green eyed girl jumped off Klaus's back. He turned around and she high-fived him.

The hybrid grinned as he continued to poke fun at Stefan. "If you need some water or a little sit-down..."

The vampire responded, "You know, I get that we're, uh—we're stuck together, but if maybe we could skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

I guess he's annoyed he didn't win.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." The hybrid spoke to Stefan as he wrapped his arm around Percy's shoulders.

Stefan replied, "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack." They arrived at a clearing where a bunch of people had set up camp.

"There." Stefan walked forward with Ray across his shoulders. He dropped him on the ground in front of the werewolves.

A brunette ran forward from the crowd. "Ray! Oh, my god." She crouched down next to him. "What's going on?"

The girl looked up at Stefan. "Who are you?"

Klaus walked forward with Percy. "The important question is, who am I."

Arrogant.

"Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The werewolves seem to recognize the name. "You're the hybrid."

His ego just got even bigger.

The original smirked, "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

Percy couldn't help but appreciate the way 'fantastic' sounded from his lips. It just sounded much cooler with the accent. Although, to be fair, she thought everything sounded better with his accent.