𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:RUMLOW

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
RUMLOW

     "ALL RIGHT, WHAT DO YOU see?" Steve asked through the coms. They were in Lagos, having found Rumlow in this place. Salem and Wanda sat across from each other, their hands intertwined to show that they were couple that were simply going on a date. They both had a cup of coffee, and Salem had went so far as to ordering herself food.

     "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda answered.

     "There's an ATM in the south corner, which means. . ."

     "Camera's." Wanda finished.

     "Both cross streets are one way."

     "So, compromised escape routes."

     "Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

     "Yeah, the red one. It's cute." Wanda mumbled, taking a sip of her drink. 

     "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha's voice entered the coms, the redhead sitting at a different table than the couple were.

     "You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda questioned.

     "Even so." Salem spoke up, shrugging her shoulders. "It's a good habit to start looking over your shoulder."

     "It needs to become second nature."  Natasha sternly stated.

     "Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked the assassin.

     "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?"

     Steve was quick to interrupt them. "Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

     "If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam mused.

     "Yeah, don't you worry your pretty head, Steven. We won't lose him." Salem smirked. Suddenly a garbage truck passed by, pushing through with no regards for the people or the concession stands that were lining the the sides of the roads. Salem cocked an eyebrow.

     "Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve quickly ordered.

     There was a pause as Sam x-rayed the truck before coming back on the coms. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

     "It's a battering ram." Natasha stated.

     "Go now." Steve ordered.

     "What?" Wanda frowned.

     "He's not hitting the police."

Immediately everyone jumped into action. Salem was quick to teleport herself onto the top of the garbage truck, staying crouched down in hopes of not being seen. She watched as the infectious Disease building came closer and closer. When she realized the truck wasn't going to stop, and was going to crash, she was quick to teleport into the parking lot of the facility, turning just in time to watch as the truck flipped over and tore a part of entrance down. More trucks poured in and Salem smirked as men poured out.

     Salem cocked her head slightly. "Hello, boys." Their guns were aimed at her and she was quick to teleport behind them, grabbing one of their guns and hitting the person hard in the face, watching as he fell to the ground. She was quick to push the other mans gun upwards just as he pulled the trigger. She kneed him in the gut twice before quickly spinning and kicking him hard in the chest, sending him flying to the ground. She teleported to another set of them, slamming their heads against each other. "Guys, where are you? Currently on my own here and there's way more of them than their are of me."

     "Not everyone can teleport, Sal." Natasha muttered.

     "Literally two of you can fly." Salem snapped, groaning as she watched four of them shoot gas canisters into the building.

     "Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles." Steve informed the rest of the group.

      "Finally." Salem breathed.

     "I make five." Sam said, taking down two more of the men.

     That's when Wanda arrives, Salem smirking slightly as she watched her girlfriend use her powers. She uses her power as a shield to keep the gun shots from hitting her. "Sam!" She called the man's name and he was quick to swoop down and violently kicked the man away from her.

     "Four." Sam counted.  "Rumlow's on the third floor."

     Steve looked towards Wanda. "Wanda, just like we practiced."

     "What about the gas?" Wanda frowned.

     "Get it out." Steve simply answered. Wanda nodded her head before quickly using her powers in order to spring Steve up and into the building, she was quick to pull the gas from the building, keeping it contained as it continued to go upwards in the air. Salem was quick to continue to fight, not letting anyone get near Wanda as she focused on keeping the gas contained and pushing it up and up until it could no longer affect anyone. She looked towards Wanda, smiling proudly at her.

     "Proud of you, babe."

     Wanda blushed. "Thanks." Salem smirked slightly.

     That's when Steve's voice filled her ears. "Rumlow has a biological weapon."

     "I'm on it." Natasha answered before going off coms and fighting. She stayed with Wanda, Natasha and Sam going split ways after the different culprits in hopes of finding what they were looking for. Sam came up empty, meaning that to was Natasha's men that she was chasing had it. Salem and Wanda were quick to make it into the city, appearing just in time to watch as Rumlow held onto Steve, a bomb on his chest, getting the last of the conversation.

     "He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me, "Please tell Rogers. When you gotta go, you gotta go." And you're coming with me." Rumlow said and then activated the bomb. Salem gasped but luckily Wanda managed to contain the explosion before Steve could be sucked into it. She struggled, lifting the man up in the air. But then she lost control, and her powers were thrown and so was the bomb, right into a building. Salem's eyes widened as she watched the building burn.

     "Oh my . . ." Steve mumbled. Wanda placed a hand over her mouth. "Sam . . . We need . . . Fire and Rescue . . . on the south side of the building. We gotta get up there."

     "I'm on it." Salem whispered before teleporting in and out of the building, ignoring the burns from the flames licking her skin, and teleporting as many people as she could out of the building.

" Salem whispered before teleporting in and out of the building, ignoring the burns from the flames licking her skin, and teleporting as many people as she could out of the building