˗ˋ 48

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter forty-eight ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon and Jugyeong had left the school grounds together, first making their way to the Im girl's house, where they had gotten changed into more comfortable clothes

The Hwang girl had also been offered various dishes and dinner later that night. But, with a glance at her friend, Miyeon had denied.

Jugyeong was uncomfortable and nervous around her as it was, and after what Miyeon was planning on telling her, she could predict that it was likely the feeling would only be added to, rather than taken away.

That was her worst case scenario bet - she hoped that Jugyeong would be comfortable with her knowing, and the thought of her being uneasy around her would remains just that - a simple thought.

The pair made their way back to the cafe, ordering the same drinks as before. Settling down at a free window seat, they were silent for a few moments as they took the first few sips of their drinks, avoiding eye contact.

Now that they were sat down and not doing anything, the awkwardness was a lot clearer. Miyeon knew she had to be the one to break it, and twisting her hands together under the table, she cleared her throat.

"Jugyeong.." She began, and the girl across looked up. "I thought you should know that I know - sorry that's confusing." Miyeon paused, but across from her Jugyeong's eyes were widening; she knew what what this was about.

"The other day, at the burger shop. I know that the girl I helped was you." Miyeon said, and Jugyeong chewed on her lip. "And I just thought you should know that, I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable at all."

"How.." Jugyeong had acquired the deer in headlights look, eyes darting around before settling on the table. "How did you find out?" She asked, voice quiet. "Did Suho tell you?"

"Oh no - no he was trying to stop me from finding out." Miyeon quickly said. "I felt like I recognised you from somewhere, and when Semi picked up your wallet it took it off and her glanced inside. I saw your school ID and then Suho took it off me and ran off."

"I see.." Jugyeong was looking down at her drink, hands gripping the plastic cup. "I understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore." She said quietly.

"What?" Miyeon's eyes widened and she shot up. "Im Jugyeong, is that what you think of me?" Her outburst had people staring, and frowning, Miyeon moved to sit next to her.

"Im Ju, I wasn't telling you that I know because I wanted to stop being friends with you, I was telling you so that you didn't have to worry about that, and we could be comfortable around each other." She continued gently, placing a hand on Jugyeong's shoulder and tilting her head to look up at her face, her hair falling in front of her hm eyes.

"Are you sure?" Jugyeong asked, looking up. Her eyes were filled with tears, and Miyeon nodded, hugging her.

"I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't feel like you should know. It doesn't change anything at all. I promise." Miyeon replied, and Jugyeong smiled, pulling away.

Sitting side by side, they continued to drink their drinks, and after finishing the both of them set off for the academy, Miyeon linking their arms.

"I really promise you." She said, as they strolled along an empty street. "Absolutely nothing changes because of it. I don't care whether you wear makeup, you're still Im Jugyeong woth or without it on."

"You and Suho are the only ones who know - and he thinks the same." Jugyeong glanced over, a small smile on her face. "You two can be similar sometimes - but he's a lot colder - hold on, I'll just tell Sooa that we're almost there so we can save her seats."

"He always has been. But when he gets comfortable with people-" Miyeon cut herself off, and Jugyeong looked up from her phone to see why.

In front of them were two boys, and Miyeon swore under her breath, recognising them instantly from Sungyong's little gang. It seemed that Jugyeong recognised them as well, as her breath caught in her throat.

"Come on." Miyeon said, quickly pulling Jugyeong passed them and down the street, but as they tried to escape down an alley, boys emerged from them.

"Hwang Miyeon, Im Jugyeong - Hi." Sungyong said, smirking as he waved at them.

Both girls were panicking, and Miyeon pulled Jugyeong towards another street, but more boys appeared.

"As if we'd let you go that easily." One of the boys said, and Miyeon tightened her grip on Jugyeong's arm. They rotated, glancing at each other and at the boys surrounding them.

There was no way out, but feeling brave, Jugyeong made a run for it. But she was caught moments later, and with a  tug on the back of Miyeon's backpack, they were surrounded again.

"Don't be scared, we're just going to have a little.. fun." Sungyong smirked, dragging Miyeon along by her backpack, Jugyeong remaining by her side.

Neither of them knowing where they would end up.