16

CHRISTMAS BREAK WAS OFFICIALLY over. Siobhán Parten was sitting in a compartment on the train, book in hand. Not one familiar person had passed by. At least not the person she was looking for. The compartment she was sitting in had gray plush seats on both sides. There was one huge window in every compartment on the train. Along with the seats, there was an area above the two gray plush cushions that could hold the trunks. She already had put her trunk above the seat. Below the area, there were some pictures of Hogwarts itself. Letter warnings were engraved in metal under those pictures.

Sitting crisscrossed, she gazed outside the sliding door. Siobhán wanted to see if anyone was coming around the Gryffindor area of the train. The door that led to the Slytherin compartment opened. Leonardo Nott had entered the Gryffindor section dressed in all black. His coat was hanging around his ankles, a black turtle neck hugged him tightly, black dress jeans, and black dressing shoes. His hair was slicked back, making him look like a model.

He gazed down the aisle and saw Siobhán peeking out the door. With a smirk, he walked down the aisle. His hands were in the pockets of his coat. Siobhán quickly put her head back into the compartment. Putting her legs back down so they could touch the floor, she tried to act natural.

"Siobhán?" Leonardo entered the compartment. He smiled when he saw her sitting there. She glanced up at him as he gazed down at her.

"Leo!" she exclaimed. She stood up and hugged him tightly. Releasing themselves from the hug, he sat down in front of her.

"How was your Christmas break?" he implored, putting his leg on his knee. She heaved out a sigh.

"Mentally exhausting," she muttered. "Fun though."

He nodded and tilted his head slightly. He fumbled with the sides of his coat. Siobhán cleared her throat while running a hand through her hair.

"Mines was horrible." he gazed outside of the compartment so no one would hear. "My father has been pestering me about the dark lord."

Her eyes widened at the mention of the dark lord. She closed the door that was opened and gazed over at Leonardo concerned.

"The dark lord?" she whispered hesitantly. He nodded and tapped his foot against the floor.

"He keeps saying how fine of a death eat—" he stopped talking as the compartment door opened. There stood James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew. James was fuming with anger as he saw Leonardo sitting there in front of her.

He grabbed Leonardo by the coat and stood him up. They locked eyes and Remus started to panic. Leonardo smiled sinisterly at him.

"What are you doing to Siobhán?" he seethed. Leonardo started chuckling at the dramatic entrance he made. Siobhán stood up and put a hand on James' arm.

"He's done nothing to me," she told him. "You already know Leo's my friend, so just let him go."

James let go of his coat with one swift hand movement. Leonardo gave him a small smirk as nothing he did phased him. He glanced at Siobhán and winked at her before shoving his way past James.

James glared at him. He was still fuming with anger as he sat down in front of Siobhán. She looked at him disappointed. Remus sat down next to him while Sirius sat down next to Siobhán, Peter on his side.

"What was that about?" she bluntly stated. He snapped his gaze towards her. She had her eyebrows furrowed, book held in hand. He ran a hand through his hair and glanced at Remus who shrugged his shoulders.

"I—" he stammered trying to come up with an excuse for his actions. "I thought he was tormenting you about something."

She scoffed at his petty excuse.