ii | the once and future queen

| obviously, some lines are stolen from gwen but i tried to add some of my own dialogue that fits lia a bit better |

"leon's got nothing to do with how inconsiderate you are, but yes, perhaps if you acted a bit more like him then you wouldn't be so unbearable."

[2.2 — The Once and Future Queen]

With the upcoming jousting tournament, several of the Knights of Camelot were getting prepared to enter

With the upcoming jousting tournament, several of the Knights of Camelot were getting prepared to enter. Along with Sir Leon, Arthur was competing as well. The tournament was still two days away, but many of the men were getting in some last-minute training. Given that Lia was finished with her daily tasks, she decided to climb in the stands and watch.

After Arthur defeated Sir Turner, Leon was the next to face the Prince. As he put on his helmet, Lia clapped loudly for him, cheering his name. Arthur already had his helmet on, which hid the annoyed look that crossed his face. Perhaps knocking Leon off his horse would make it go away.

As the joust began, both men charged at each other. However, the sun glinted against Leon's armor, temporarily blinding Arthur. He lifted his lance, leaving him vulnerable to an attack. But instead of taking his shot, Leon pulled out instead of taking the advantage. Lia nervously bit her lip, already knowing that he had made the wrong decision.

Arthur was quick to jump off his horse and approach Leon, removing his helmet. Lia slowly made her way down from the stands and next to Merlin. "Why did you pull out? I was wide open! You could have unhorsed me."

"I was fearful that I might injure you, Sire," Leon said, deciding that it was likely best to be honest with him.

"You had the advantage. You can't afford to hesitate," Arthur told him.

"I wouldn't have done it if I were facing a different opponent. You are the future King, My Lord."

Lia noticed how Arthur's face fell. "You jousted against me in the tournament last year. Are you saying you let me win?"

"No, My Lord," Leon immediately denied — though it was clear that he wasn't being truthful.

Arthur then looked at the rest of his knights, who were avoiding eye contact, which told him everything he needed to know. "It doesn't matter who I am! I do not expect any special treatment from you, from any of you! Is that understood?"

| | |

"Absolutely not."

"Please, Gwen."

"You've lost your mind."

"Really, Merlin, that's an absurd thing to ask of her," Lia added.

After Arthur had learned that he was treated differently because of his title, he had thrown quite the tantrum according to Merlin. Such a tantrum that he had come up with a ridiculous idea to compete in the tournament in secret. The only problem was that he had to stay somewhere other than the castle, convincing everyone else that he was off on a quest to battle some mythical beast.