iii | the nightmare begins

| so much foreshadowing that's not gonna matter until at least season three. enjoy |

"i can't have another person tell me that it's all in my head. out of everyone, lia, i cannot bear to hear you say it."

[2.3 — The Nightmare Begins]

Lia had been woken much earlier than she had planned on — though she'd never complain about the reason

Lia had been woken much earlier than she had planned on — though she'd never complain about the reason. During the night, a large fire had been set in Morgana's chambers. Her curtains were set ablaze, and it was a good thing that she happened to wake up, or the ward would have been burned alive. While Uther and Arthur were in her room trying to figure out what happened, Morgana had been sent to the physician chambers to get checked for injuries. She was unharmed, but Lia could see that she was still shaken up about the whole ordeal.

"What I don't understand, Morgana is how the fire started in the first place," Gaius said. It was a mystery that everyone was trying to solve. They were all worried that someone had set it intentionally.

"It happened so quickly. It was terrifying," Morgana muttered.

Lia wrapped a comforting arm around her, and Morgana leaned into her touch. "It's alright. You're safe now."

For a moment, Morgana looked between Gaius and Lia with a scared look in her eyes. "You're the only person I've told about my dreams. I know I can trust you both, Gaius, Lia."

"Yes, of course, you can," Gaius assured her.

"You know you can come to me for anything," Lia added.

"It was me. I set the room alight. I started the fire," Morgana admitted in a wavering tone.

"I don't understand," Gaius said, frowning. "Did you knock a candle over?"

"No, that's not what happened. I did it just by looking at it — the flames suddenly lept higher."

"It could've been a gust of wind," Gaius told her.

"It wasn't. It was me. It was magic," Morgana insisted.

"My child—"

"I'm not a child!" Morgana interrupted. She was frustrated that Gaius wasn't listening to her.

"Last night was an accident," he said in a gentle tone. "It had nothing to do with you. How could it have? I am going to draw you up a fresh remedy that will make you feel better. I promise."

Morgana shook her head, not wanting any more sleeping draughts. "No..."

"You must trust me," he said. "Lia, go get some more valerian root."

Lia opened her mouth to protest — she wanted to stay and comfort Morgana. Maybe even tell her that she believed her, but Gaius narrowed his eyes at her. For whatever reason, he didn't want to entertain the idea that Morgana had magic. So, after squeezing Morgana once more, Lia made her way down to the markets. She wasn't going to give up though.