x | sweet dreams

"i started teaching gwen how to sword fight. pretty soon, all the women you know will be able to beat you up."

[2.10 — Sweet Dreams]

"So, I hear you're going to be waiting on Lady Vivian

"So, I hear you're going to be waiting on Lady Vivian."

Gwen groaned and rolled her eyes. "Don't remind me. I've only heard horrible things about her. Morgana said she's one of the most spoiled, ungrateful royals that she's ever met."

Lia and Gwen were walking down the corridor together. All five of the kingdoms were coming together to talk about a peace treaty. It was very important, and if successful, Camelot would enter a new era of prosperity. Unfortunately, King Olaf was bringing his daughter, who had an unpleasant reputation for being... unpleasant. Gwen would be attending to her while she was in Camelot.

"Well, I am here if you need me," Lia offered, linking her arm with Gwen's. "If she becomes too much, just say you have to attend to Morgana and I can cover for you."

"You're too kind," she said, smiling. "I should be able to handle her on my own though. But I actually was wanting to ask a favor of you."

"Anything," she told her.

"For a while, really since we went to Ealdor, I've been wanting to learn how to defend myself," Gwen began. "Morgana can fight. You can. Morgause even beat Arthur in battle. For the longest time, I thought that because I was a woman I was doomed to be weak, but you've shown me that is not true. I don't want to be useless if I'm ever put in a situation like with Kendrick and his men. I understand if you're too busy, but would it be too much to ask you to teach me how to use a sword?"

Lia grinned brightly at Gwen. "Of course, Gwen! Give me two weeks, and I'll make a warrior out of you. The Knights of Camelot will tremble at the sight of you."

Gwen giggled, shaking her head. "I don't think I'll be quite as ferocious. When shall we start?"

"First, let's see how busy Lady Vivian is going to keep you," Lia said. They were drawing nearer to her guest chambers where she'd be staying. "We can use the training grounds at night once Morgana goes to sleep."

"Thank you so much," she said, hugging Lia. "I've still got a few swords of my father's that we can use."

As they neared the guest chambers, they could hear Arthur's voice, meaning that Vivian and her father had already arrived. Gwen picked up her pace and entered the room, not wanting to make a bad impression by being late. Arthur looked almost relieved when he saw her, clearly not having a good time alone with Vivian.

"Well, uh, may I present Guinevere," he said as Gwen curtsied. Vivian began looking her up and down in a judgmental way. "She'll be looking after you for the duration of your stay. You'll want for nothing. She is truly one of Camelot's finest."