58

JOCELYN POV:

Suspicious was the only word that could describe me as me and Tasha left the break room. I tried not to mention her phone call as we conversed about the sudden sickness that's overcome the city, "This virus is so weird.. it's like the flu on steroids.." I mumble softly and frown, "A few of my patients looked pale and had coughs today and I don't like how the symptoms are looking so similar." She hums and nods her head, "I don't think it's anything to worry about yet.. but still be careful." She gives me a pointed look as we turn around the corner to her desk, "Alright. You go keep saving lives and I'll do the same." She shoo's me away and I say my goodbyes before making my way down the hall towards my own office.

A flu on steroids?..

I couldn't get the idea out my head as I remembered my patients all week. Majority of them had some kind of flu like symptom and it worried me at the idea of germs going around. Not only do I hate them, but I literally live in New York City, One of the germiest places in the world.  I didn't have the heart to tell Dion how the air alone freaked me out when we first came here.

My mind reeled back to when he was talking about New York when we first arrived. He held my hand down the sidewalk as he talked about all his favorite places and how it was like growing up, "I'll show you Times Square and teach you how to be a New Yorker." I could see the pride in his eyes as he held my hand tighter. I smiles brightly at him but my eyes wouldn't stop landing on litter and gum stuck to the streets. He was talking his heart out and yet I was holding my breath Bc a bus drove by and the air whooshing on my face felt nasty.

I laugh softly at myself and shake my head, "I was such a weirdo." It felt good to know I was over my fear of germ phase. Best believe I don't like germs but they never stop me from doing what I need to do.

I step up to my office door and sigh as I push the door open. I check the time on my phone, "Fifteen minutes until my next patient.. then six more to go.." I tiredly groan before shaking it off and sitting at my desk.
_________

DION POV:
My eyes peeked through the glass case as I points to the jewel in front of me, "I'll take that one." I talk to the jewelry store employee and smile as she carefully takes it out of the case and hands it to me. I decided on three.

I eye the simple design of the ring and the sparkling diamond that dressed the band and the single that proudly on top of them all.

"That'll be 12,000." She spoke up and I nodded my head slowly before tracing for my wallet. I watched her every move as she carefully placed the ring in its box and took the money from me. I watched as she put it in a velvet bag and I more than readily take it from her, "Thanks." She nods her head, "Have a nice day." She sends me a smile and I nod my head before making my way out the door.

I make my way to my car as I held the bag tightly in my hands. In a flash I was in the front seat and I opened the bag up to look at the ring again. "It's perfect." Relief flooded my system as I let my shoulders finally relax. The only thing left was for me to figure out how I'm actually going to propose.

I grab my phone and take a picture of the ring before sending it to Tasha.

Me: I got it!!!
Tasha: Periodt!! Now u gotta hide it 👀
Me: Yeah I don't mind but how am I gone propose?

I set my phone down and go through all my options:
A) Romantic dinner at home then special night together
B) A boat ride wit a whole yacht And then pop the question

I scratch my beard as I narrow my eyes. My phone dinged next to me and I pick it back up,

Wifey: I'm hungryyy!!! 👺
Wifey: Bring me some food pls! Chinese 👀

I shake my head and respond back,

Me: We had Chinese this week already.. U sure?
Wifey: Idcc 😭 I wanna warm egg roll and some noodles pls!

I start my car as I laugh,

Me: I gotchu baby

My tires started rolling down the road as I made my way to our favorite Chinese spot.  I smack my lips gently, "Chinese do sound smackin rn."
_________

AUTHORS NOTE:
just a warm up chapter as I get back into writing again :)

I was in danger of failing the grade but I worked  ass off and I'm back on track lmfao but how y'all been without me? 👀