14

Amelia

I hum to myself as I begin to stir awake. That was the first night in months I haven't had a nightmare or a strange dream. I feel well rested, which is odd. I had gotten so accustomed to going through every day feeling fatigued and tired. 

I attempt to stretch out but I'm immediately halted by the feeling of my body being held by a pair of strong arms. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize what's happening, but memories of last night flood through my brain as I allow my eyelids to flutter open, my sight being met with a sleeping Harry Styles. 

I pull my head back just a couple of inches so that I can study Harry's features. I hadn't really gotten a chance to last night because of how wrapped up in each other we were. We had only talked a little bit and then we fell asleep in each others arms, both of us clearly having had a long day. I didn't get a chance to properly look at him, especially in the daylight. 

I felt it when we kissed, but Harry's facial hair is definitely more prominent than it was before he left. I knew I liked it when I saw him last night in the dim lighting of our apartment, but now I know I do. It delicately lays on his face in somehow the most perfect way, just enhancing his features enough to make them stand out. 

Dark freckles dot his nose and upper cheeks, most likely a result from sending time outside in Malibu, where he just was. His cheeks look slightly sunburnt and his eyelashes seem longer than usual. His hair is also a touch lighter, the once dark brown shade now a warm chestnut. 

I can't help but free one of my arms and reach up, letting my fingertips trace over his nose and lips. I probably seem a little creepy by just admiring his beauty but I can't help it. He's ethereal and I haven't seen him in months. 

Harry hums, his lips parting slightly as his slow breathing increases. I halt my movements and move my hand to rest on his chest while he begins to wake up. His eyelids ultimately crack open and when he focuses his vision on me, he smiles. 

"G'morning, love," he says in an exceptionally raspy voice. 

"Good morning, baby," I reply. 

"Baby," Harry whispers, mostly to himself in a half-asleep daze. His cheeks flush and his smile grows just the tiniest amount. 

Harry sighs and moves a microscopic amount closer to me. His eyes shut again as he begins to fall back asleep, probably tied from jet lag and the amount of traveling he did yesterday. He didn't outright tell me he didn't sleep on the plane ride here, but it was obvious when it didn't take him long to fall asleep last night. 

"Go back to sleep, Harry. I didn't mean to wake you," I softly urge him. 

He whines slightly while pouting. 

"Want to talk to you," he sleepily mumbles.

I smile at his cuteness, and also because of the lack of awkwardness surrounding us. I didn't know what it would be like reconnecting and spending the night together, but it almost feels as if he's never left. I'm sure once we get into the deeper stuff that feeling will change, but I relish in it for now. 

"We can talk later. I'm not going anywhere," I tell him. 

Harry hums, and although he doesn't seem entirely satisfied, I watch as he lulls back to sleep. His breathing evens out and his lips part, small snores escaping them. I watch him for a few moments, smiling at his serenity. He's so calm a peaceful right now. I really hope our much anticipated conversation later doesn't disturb that. 

I stay in this position for about an hour, just watching Harry sleep. Is this weird? Probably, but I don't particularly care. I find myself lost in thoughts, thinking about him - about us. I also find my mind thinking about everything I want and need to tell him. I try to come up with a list inside of my head so that I make sure I touch on everything I need to, but it proves nearly impossible because just as I remember one thing I forget another. So eventually, I slip out of Harry's grasp, somehow managing not to wake him, and pad to my office so I can make a tangible list, after brushing my teeth and combing my hair of course.