Two

Ariana

"Ariana!" Hearing my father yell my name made me groan, only because it was to early.

Covering my face with my pillow, I rolled over onto Jayda.

"Ariana!" My dad yelled again causing me to groan again but louder then before.

I sprang out of bed in aggravation. Slipping on my house shoes, I left out my room and walked downstairs.

"Yes daddy? It's 7:00 in the morning." I say as I wiped my eyes.

"I know. I need to talk to you." He said and I stared at him for a while before I slid onto the bar stool.

"Yes?" I said.

"I'm going out of town for a business trip. It's just a month, maybe two." He said causing my eyes to go buck wide.

"But what about me?" I asked.

"Your staying here." He said and I palmed my face.

"What? Why? Why can't I go with you? Where are you going?" I asked all in one breath.

"It's business Ariana. I can't bring you around that and I'm going to Baltimore." He said.

"Again?"

"Yes. Now stop complaining." He said.

I slid out the bar stool, "Well at least I'll be here by myself." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Actually smart ass, you won't." He said and I sucked my teeth.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"You heard me. Since something happened with Harry, it's not safe for you to be here alone so I got a bodyguard." He said and I groaned, folding my arms.

"I don't need a bodyguard. I can take care of myself." I say.

"No you can't. No more back talking. Now go upstairs and put something more presentable on so you can meet him. He's on his way." My dad said.

"Okay but why do I need a bodyguard if Raymond is here?" I asked, watching my father clench his jaw.

I knew I was asking too many questions.

"He's coming with me. Now go." He demanded and I did as told.

Going inside my room, I saw Jayda up on her phone.

"You okay?" She asked. I guess she seen my face all torn up.

"No. I'm not. My dad is leaving for a month or two and leaving me with some man I don't know shit about all because Harry got them into something." I said.

Harry was my dad's right hand man, partner in crime. He was careless also and always got my father into something with other rival gangs.

"Well at least you'll be able to run the streets with me." She said with a smirk as I threw on some pajama pants over my spanks.

I was not getting dressed up to meet some man that was gonna be watching over me like I'm a little ass kid. Yeah I might've been wild, but I still am mature and can carry myself. It wasn't that hard.

Throwing my hair into a messy bun, I grabbed my phone to see that I had a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Wassup Shordy
Me: who is this?
Unknown: Jordan. The boy from the store.
Me: oh, hey!
Unknown: what you on tho?
Me: nothing. Just chillin. What about you?
Unknown: working. You should let me take you out.
Me: Uh, Sure. Just let me know.