Chapter Twenty-Four

(A/N: The end scene is looong overdue. If you don't like graphic descriptions of (what I assume is) lime, then skip the last half of the last POV. [I'll put some hearts as a sign <3] I may have written a few hundred words on the matter. XD Opinions are welcome, also- 

how does everyone or anyone feel about whump and angst? It's definitely coming in the next few chapters, so if you have any concerns or certain requests please say so now! 

Thanks for reading!)

You awoke in your bed. Leo laid across your face, as he always does, while you started remembering the events from the night prior.

You definitely didn't fall asleep in your room. That was for sure. How did you end up here then? You must've fallen asleep on the couch downstairs. In front of the entire team. What did they think of you now? Better yet, who brought you upstairs without you noticing? You didn't exactly just trust anyone to carry-

O God. You knew exactly who it was. The exact person whom your magically affected feelings would have never negatively responded to. Who was sitting on the other side of the couch, who you probably fell asleep on-

How were you going to explain this? Who knows what you had said while you were asleep. That you mumbled incoherently. Should you just ignore it ever happening? As if you didn't remember? Or you could probably erase memory from their minds... but that was highly unethical. Let alone something you wouldn't risk messing up with so little practice.

There really weren't that many options.

*

(Lokis' Pov)

Loki had been sitting on his usual chair, in its usual spot, reading the most recent book to his collection. Nothing would seem unusual, for all that he felt like it. Y/N had said that she loved him. He loved her back. Nothing would make him happier to admit it to her face, but when would that ever be possible? The team was always around, and it's not like they'd bluntly accept a teammate relationship. Let alone one that included him.

But when Y/N appeared to breakfast that morning, it took everything in him not to crack his facade. Not to smile as she joked with Clint making breakfast, not to show how much the patience was killing him. This was nor the time or place for anything remotely romantic.

Although he almost slipped as she brought over his breakfast, smiling and talking to him. She didn't remember what had happened last night. At least not to an extent to cause her embarrassment.

It seemed he would have to drown in his feelings alone.

*

(Your Pov)

The days until the Friday before Tony's party were mostly uneventful. Of course the normal slip ups and accidents happened, especially in your presence. But otherwise... it was quiet. You kept up on training with Nat, although magic lessons were still only every other day.

Even though it had only been a week or so, your friendship with Loki flourished. He seemed to have opened up to you more, especially during the lessons in the library when the others weren't present. He was quite charming, smiling more often than not. Halfway through the week you had gone to the library, even though it wasn't a day for magic, and simply read. Loki joined you, and soon you were gushing over your favorite characters.

Inevitably it became a tradition, for all the two days it happened. You would spend every afternoon in the library with Loki, whether for company or magic. The two big leather chairs eventually were transformed into a couch -loveseat, technically- and neither of you ever thought to change it back. Lessons were still possible, if not easier, since the two of you were in such close proximity.