Chapter 91 - Emma

"So... are we going to talk about the whole me working for you thing?" I asked as I finished up the delicious food he'd made for us. I'd be spoiled in no time if they continued feeding me food like this. Spoiled and fat because, let's face it, I lacked any strength of will to stop eating when it was something this good. Nope, I didn't stop until I was completely full and couldn't handle one bite more.

"What about it?" He'd already cleaned his plate, though to be fair, I was a slow eater, always had been.

"Will that be a problem? Are there any rules against it?" As long as he didn't fire me, I would be fine. The paychecks I got from working two weekends each month helped me immensely. I only got minimum wage at the café but earned almost triple as much at the club.

"We're good. But I meant it about the pants," Gideon said, and I didn't doubt him—especially after the punishment I'd gotten for testing his order. A part of me really thought I'd get fewer tips with wearing pants, but mostly, I just wanted to see what he would do if I didn't follow his command. And boy, was it worth it. Even without the orgasm, I felt satisfied on a whole deeper level.

"So, there's no rules against it? What if your other employees find out?" I was afraid people would start taking—if they weren't already. At least, the woman working the bar with me yesterday would've seen Gideon drag me out of there. Hopefully, she didn't know he was our boss and that she'd been left out of the loop like I'd been. The only boss I had dealt with was Mark; he'd been the one who interviewed me, hired me, and followed up with my development. I still couldn't quite believe Gideon, my dominant, was also my boss. What were the odds of that?

"No rules, and I don't give a fuck if they knew. In fact, I would prefer it," he said.

"W-what?" I asked, shocked. "Why would you prefer it?"

"So Mark will know his place and that it's not with you."

My eyes widened at that. "Mark and I are just friends," I protested against his implication, but I could see why he'd gotten the idea that there was anything more between us. There wasn't, of course, but I also knew Mark had a teeny-tiny crush on me, one that was entirely unwelcome.

"And let's keep it that way. If he ever tries something..." Gideon trailed off, but I knew a threat when I heard one. I also knew when a conversation was over, and he wouldn't listen to reason.

Let's just hope that Mark had gotten the message when I told him I was dating someone else.

The weather outside was gorgeous, so when he went to do some work in his office, I found his library and borrowed a book. I'd seen sunscreen in the bathroom and went to grab two bottles, one with a SPF of thirty and one with fifty, before making my way to his backyard. I didn't mind busying myself with something while he was unavailable; I was comfortable in my own company as much as I was in his.

I felt myself relaxing on a lounge chair on the deck, overlooking the yard. It was idyllic, like the kind I envisioned heaven would look like, with the sun shining, birds chirping, tall trees, and healthy green grass as far as I could see.

After a few minutes lying in the sun, I grew hot. The little dress I wore was too much clothing for my heated skin. Looking around to be sure I was alone; I took it off. I still wore a thong and a bra underneath, which was basically the same as a bikini, so it wasn't wholly indecent. I applied sunscreen to keep my sensitive skin from burning and slathered some of the SPF fifty on the few moles I had on my ribcage, along with areas where the skin was thinner, like my chest and neck.

The book I'd chosen was an old classic that I hadn't read in a while called Pride and prejudice. I got lost inside the pages and fell into the world of old-fashioned words and etiquette. I forgot my surroundings until a shadow fell over me. Startled, I looked up and saw right into Gideon's seething eyes.

"Didn't you get enough punishment yesterday? Because it looks like you're begging for more." His words were clipped and angry.

"What have I done now?" But I knew the answer as soon as his eyes dropped to my body. His gaze burned my skin hotter than the sun ever could. "No-one's around," I argued, suddenly growing defensive—Nope, not defensive, but anxious. Gideon didn't hold back when he punished me.

"You didn't notice me," he pointed out and made me wonder how long he'd been out here with me.

"Get your ass dressed and present in the playroom." The words were spoken quietly, and still, the command was there as clearly as if he'd yelled it.

Not even thinking, I hurried to follow his order. Throwing my dress on, I went inside. His house—scratch that, his manor, was vast and easy to get lost in, so I was careful to use the same way in as I'd used on my way out.

I think a part of my had hoped Gideon would find me. He'd only given me a taste yesterday, and I needed more of it.

My heart hammered in my chest as I got to the playroom. I stripped out of my clothes with shaky hands and did a quick and probably very messy braid. I could feel my hands growing clammy from the anxious nerves I had, not knowing what kind of punishment Gideon meant to deal out.

Kneeling down, I sat on my heels and presented with my knees spread and tits out. The more I was in this position, the more natural it felt. I still felt a slight burn in my groin from having to spread my knees so far, but I was getting used to it.

Gideon made me wait for longer than I would've liked, building up the dread and suspense. He gave me time to come up with several things he could do to me, making me shiver in anticipation.

The door opened behind me and closed, sending a whoosh of air across my naked body.

"Mmm, so you can follow orders after all," he mused. His black leather oxford shoes stopped in front of me; it was the only part of him I could see. "I'll give you an option. You can either take five strikes with my favorite paddle or you won't orgasm."

It sounded so easy, five strikes, and I was done, but I knew that I wouldn't get off that easily. No, if Gideon gave me an option between an orgasm or paddling, the paddling would hurt—badly. He must see them as equal punishments, or else I wouldn't have gotten the option to choose.

Shit, I was overthinking it; I knew that. Gideon was impossible to read, so why did I even try to? The thing was, I desperately wanted an orgasm. If I hadn't been so damn exhausted yesterday, being left unfulfilled and feeling my clit throb and my needy pussy weep would've been a damn torture.

"What will it be?" he prompted.

Making up my mind, I answered, "The paddle." Dear God, I hoped I was making the right choice. I could practically feel Gideon's satisfaction, and I realized that was what he'd hoped I would go for. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.