( 6 )

~ astraia
[ 8:02 AM ]

I would've locked my door if I could've. I laid restlessly in my bed under the blankets, and there weren't many times I'd get up from it since what happened. It's been three days since the incident in the basement, and I haven't eaten since. Neither has Levi tried to talk to me. I'd leave my room to use the bathroom and shower, and that was it. My body was drained of tears. I had spent all day yesterday crying over what Levi made me do. He was crazy, he was insane, a kidnapper and murderer. And I didn't know how to get away from him.

I jump in the bed when I hear the door to the room open behind me. I face the wall in my bed and lay as still as possible although I should've figured that wouldn't do anything. I shut my eyes tightly and stiffen up under the sheets when I feel my bed shift as Levi sits down beside me. I flinch from his hand coming down onto my arm, "Astraia. Breakfast is ready downstairs, and you need to eat before your doctor's appointment."

When I don't react to him, he sighs deeply and shifts on the bed, laying down behind me and spooning me while wrapping his arm around me. "I know you're awake. And I've let you mope and isolate in your room, but now it's time to move on. Everything's handled, so I don't want you to worry about what we did. No one's going to find out, and I'm not going to let anything happen to you." His voice was gentle and reassuring, but there just wasn't anything that he could say to make me feel any better. He continues softer, "Astraia, I'm what they called a mercenary. I'm a bad guy that gets paid by more bad people to take care of worse people. Whether that's obtaining information, capturing, killing, even as small as just scaring them. That's my job, and I'm good at it. So now that I've told you what I do, I'm hiding no more secrets from you. And I know you won't trust me just like that, but it would make things so much easier if we could trust each other. Do you understand?"

I again don't reply nor react. I was trying to keep my body from trembling in his arms. He then sighs, "Astraia, I don't like to be ignored. And I'm trying to be as patient and understanding with you as I possibly can, but right now, you're making me want to drag you off this bed and all the way downstairs by your fucking hair. I have a temper, Euphoria, do not make me lose it."

His voice had been lingering from low to growl, and I could hear him try to suppress it, so I knew he was not bluffing. I turn over and force myself to look at him. I meet his grey eyes and the irritation slowly begins to fade away from them. "I see you respond to aggression and not kindness." He states before bringing his hand up to brush my hair from my face and gently caress my cheek, "I don't want you to be afraid of me, little angel. Why do you want things to be harder for yourself?"

I speak softly, my voice not as weak and hoarse anymore, "I don't."

"Then what are you gonna go do?"

"...eat."

He sheds a tiny smile, "Good girl."

He stares at me a bit expectantly, and it's then I realize he won't move until I get up first. So I pull myself up and crawl over him onto my feet and out of the room.

[ 10:11 AM ]

The entire ride back to the city was quiet. All I could think about was the last ride I had with him and how we came back with an unconscious man in the backseat. When we get to the doctor's office, Levi signs us in before we sit down in the waiting room. A few other people sit in the available chairs, either on their phones or reading the magazines. Levi grabs one while crossing his ankle over his knee, flipping through it for a moment before stopping at one of the pages. I instead glance around the office, observing the design and the two receptionists behind the desk incorporated into the wall.