nine

"Lola," Malia murmured in their room that night, Sirius had given the two their own room.

"What's up Malia?" Lola said sleepily, rolling over and giving Malia a peck on the nose.

"What did that blue light mean when Remus and Sirius kissed?" Lola giggles slightly, propping herself up into a sitting position.

"When a witch or wizard kisses their soulmate," Lola starts, "If Lady Magic accepts the two being together, a small strand of light will cover them, it shows they are meant to be together." Malia hummed, joining Lola as she sat upright.

"So if I do this," Malia whispered, before capturing Lola's lips in a kiss. It is soft and gentle, just how the two like it. Malia's hand find Lola's, grasping it tightly. A soft green light connects the two together. They were soulmates. Lola smiles into the kiss, and she can feel Malia smiling back.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?" Lola and Malia turn suddenly to find Mrs Weasley, who had come back, stood in the doorway. They can faintly see everyone else crowd behind her. Lola buries her face in Malia's neck, red from embarrassment. Sure, they had been caught by Peter before, but that was different, Peter was all for their relationship. Now they had been caught by homophobes.

"What's wrong mum?" George asks, running over and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I just caught these to in bed...snogging," Mrs Weasley shouts, her disapproving eyes scanning everyone in the room. Unfortunately, it didn't have the desired reaction Mrs Weasley was clearly expecting. Fred and George started clapping and cheering the two on, and Remus came over to Malia and gave her a hug and kiss on the neck.

"Remus!" Ginny shrieked, "What are you doing? She is a minor. I don't want to be near you if you are a pedophile." Mrs Weasley stated her agreement, Remus simply rolling his eyes. Malia had had enough.

"If you ever," she starts at Ginny, releasing her claws and fangs, "If you ever harm my pack , or say things like 'you are a pedophile, I will murder you, do you here me? I refuse to have you going around hurting them!"

"Fine," Ginny mutters, "Play it that way." Lola places a hand on her wand, just in case. Lola wasn't quick enough. Ginny send a cutting hex directly at Lola's arm, making her scream in pain and roll of the bed.

"Lola, it's ok," she can hear Sirius murmur as he rushes to her side, James directly behind him.

"I warned you," Malia screams, before swiping her claws at Ginny. She gets the girl right in the stomach, making Ginny fall to the floor, wheezing.

"I warned you," Malia shrieks, punching Ginny in the jaw, and Lola heard a pop sound, "I warned you! You hurt not just my pack, but you hurt my girlfriend! I'm going to kill you!" Ginny just smirks as she grasps her wand tightly. Malia punches Ginny in the stomach again, making her collapse to the floor, curling in on herself. Lola can see the faint outline of tears streaming down Ginny's cheeks.

"How do you like it? I'm going to kill you?" Malia swipes repeatedly at Ginny's stomach, everyone else in too much shock to do anything.

"Well," Ginny wheezes out, "If I die, your precious girlfriend is dying too. She took Harry away from me, I'm going to make her pay. Sectumsempra!" Lola is too weak to block the unknown spell, and she can feel several gashes opening on her stomach. All her healing spells are simply useless, and she looks at Sirius in fear.

"If I die," she pants out desperately, placing a hand on his shoulder, "If I-"

"You're not going to die Lola," He snaps, applying pressure to the wound.