Chapter 21. The Sacrifice of a Friend.

~Sacrifice~

~Sacrifice~

Give up (something valued) for the sake of other considerations.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Ban..." King trailed off, watching as the man turned away from the tunnel going down deep beneath the ground.

The man in red bowed over to pick up his three-parted staff before swiftly turning around with the move of his three-parted staff, the Red Demon's head was cut into small chunks.

"Ban, twenty years ago. Who actually-"

"Who killed what and when isn't important." Ban cut King off, stepping over to the others, who surrounded the hole.

"Forget that, take a look at the size of this hole!"

"I detect a slight breeze." Gowther stated, tipping his head a bit, "Which means there's a cave further down."

"Let's go!" Meliodas grinned, tapping his blade against his shoulder.

"But I don't think I can fit down there!" Diane frowned, she would definitely find herself to be stuck in the hole.

"Diane, who don't you stay up here?" Meliodas asked, placing a hand on his hip as he turned to look at Y/n, who stared blankly into the air, her hands twitching ever so slightly, and with Haku standing beside her, "Maybe you could help her relax?" The blond asked with a grin, even though it was killing him not to stay himself.

"Okay, but try to be careful!" Diane shouted as the others jumped down into the hole.

Turning her head, her worried violet eyes fell on Y/n, who hadn't moved. Haku, however, had. Instead of standing beside her, he stood in front of her, his forehead pressed against her's.

Haku's eyes were shut tightly, teeth clenching down and bared, tears running down down his light cheeks in steady streams. A light, golden glow emitted from the palms of his hands, which were placed on Y/n's cheeks.

"H-Haku...?" Diane stuttered, watching, she didn't move a muscle.

"There's so much pain... It hurts every single day." Haku stated in a whisper, the glow in his palms seemed to slowly brighten.

A small smile slowly formed up on Y/n's face as Haku slowly turned transparent, "Please..." His eyes opened and shifted to look over at Diane, "Save us." His green eyes were pleading to her as he slowly stepped forward, and was absorbed back into Y/n's body.

Y/n closed her eyes, her hand going up to her chest, where a warmth was returned.

Smiling, Y/n turned to Diane, "Where's the oth..." She furrowed her brows, "Are you okay, Diane?" She asked, her voice filling with concern when she saw the Giant on her knees, tears almost escaping the rim of her eyes, "I-I... Don't know."