12.

Then, as she was catching her breath, she felt her spine scrape the wall as Lauren thrust into her a final time, the look on her face, the growl in her throat, making it clear that she joined her, and that they'd come undone together.

......

She was willing to admit it. She has apartment envy, and she had it bad. Lauren had not one, but two sets of stairs . Which meant she had three floors: the loft level at the top, then the living room level in the middle, then the kitchen and dining-room floor.

She trailed her fingers along the granite counter-top in Lauren's kitchen, lined with dark oak stools. "And this is where you cook all your gourmet meals?" She eyed the luminous stovetop that looked like it had never been used.

"You think I don't cook?" Lauren handed her a glass of wine, then poured another for herself.

"Do you  cook?"

"I can cook. I usually don't though"

"Why not?"

"Because if I cook, I want to cook for someone" Lauren said. Pots and pans were hung on hooks on the exposed brick walls of her kitchen.

"And there's no one to cook for?"

"Not lately" she replied, then gestured towards the stairs. "Let me show you the balcony"

They left the kitchen as Lauren led her up eight steps to the sliding glass doors in her living room that opened to a balcony; a gorgeous, drool-worthy balcony to Camila.

Her jaw threatened to drop, but she knew better than to gawk over the sight in front of her outwardly. Inside, though, Camila was ogling the occupied space. This wasn't one of those California balcony's you had to wedge yourself onto sideways, then lean over the edge to get a slight view.  No, Lauren had a balcony big enough to throw parties, to host summer barbeques, to waltz around and perform a dance on. 

"Yeah, it's not too shabby at all" she said, walking over to the bricked railing to peer over the edge, looking down at the cars flowing through Studio City, their tail lights beaming six floors below her. She took in everything she saw - it seemed like all of the City of Los Angeles was visible for her advantage point, and the city was prettier when you watched it from above, if Camila's opinion, when the noises are muted, the side-walk smells don't invade your nose. The distance between the ground and Lauren's apartment building was a protective layer from the different scents and chaos. She could see clear across to the Los Angeles River as it cut through the city, then down to Chase bank, and over to Barnes and Noble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this isn't a very big chapter but I promise I am going to make it longer, but ive been very busy so I thought any update is better than no update