16. Ask for anything

The long awaited moment came. Jeongguk finally returned from the battlefield along with his troops. Seokjin and many other officials gathered at the entrance to welcome the King and the Second Prince back. 

Taehyung and Jimin, who had heard the sudden increase in the sounds of the trumpets and drums, realized what it meant and rushed to the entrance of the Royal Palace to witness the return of the warriors. 

They didn't know what to expect, but they certainly did not expect to see a sweaty, bloody, wasted, yet majestic-looking Jeongguk leading the march with the General Kim Namjoon right behind him, looking equally as sweaty and bloody, and the rest of the soldiers behind them. 

At the entrance, Jeongguk got down from his chariot and dismissed the driver. So did Namjoon. The two of them stood at the entrance and made sure all the soldiers got into the Palace safely. 

Once the last soldier walked in, Jeongguk gave the waiting people a nod and made a beeline towards Hoseok's mansion with Namjoon and Seokjin right behind him. 

Yoongi looked at Taehyung and Jimin and silently gestured to them to follow him before rushing behind Jeongguk. 

"Doesn't he look so hot with all that sweat and blood on his body?" Taehyung asked Jimin silently as they walked a couple of steps behind the rest of them, making Jimin roll his eyes. "Taehyung, this is not the time to be talking about how hot he looks. He literally returned from a war" Jimin said. 

"I know! But look at him!!" Taehyung whispered. "I did!! I don't find that hot! I find it disgusting!! I'd rather look at him after he showered and looked like a proper King" Jimin said. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "No. You'd rather go and stare at that lady who came to Hoseok hyung's room this afternoon" he said. 

"Yupp. Tooootally not gonna deny that" Jimin said with a chuckle at the end. 

"What are you talking about?" Yoongi asked them with furrowed eyebrows, making them realize that they were standing outside Hoseok's room and talking alone while the rest of them had walked in long ago. 

"Sorry, sorry, nothing" Taehyung said and the two of them rushed into the room. Once the two of them were fully in, Yoongi walked out to talk to the guards outside. 

"H-Hello" Jimin and Taehyung said, without looking any of them in the eye. "Why are you here?" Jeongguk asked. His voice sounded strained, as if he were trying his best not to cry. It made Taehyung look up from the floor. 

'What kind of a King cries just because one of his close friends is hurt?' he thought, but noticed that Seokjin and Namjoon were already in tears. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Hoseok and finally understood why. 

Hoseok literally looked dead. How he managed to look dead without having a single wound on his body was a mystery to him, but what he knew for sure was that Hoseok deserved an Oscar. If no one offered him an Oscar, he would personally go back to the twenty first century and get him one. 

'Goddamn, how can someone act and still look so dead?' he thought. 

A sudden click of the door brought him out of his thoughts, making him realize that he had been staring at Hoseok the whole time without answering Jeongguk, who was slowly starting to lose his patience. 

"Alright, Hobi. The guards aren't going to disturb us until we leave this room, so you can drop your act now" Yoongi said. At that, Jeongguk, Namjoon and Seokjin furrowed their eyebrows and turned to look at Hoseok, who was grinning widely and starting to open his eyes.