SIXTH

Her dress shoes clacked adjacently on the shiny tiles

Her dress shoes clacked adjacently on the shiny tiles. Eunmi was racing against the clock. still in her audition outfit, she speed-walked to the other side of the building. Truthfully, she hoped the person she was tutoring was really chill and wouldn't take the whole 'being late' thing too seriously.

One half of her told herself that she was probably going to make the worst first impression and have her nonexistent career end before it could even start. The other half told her that she was being dramatic.

Finally, Eunmi found herself outside of the school library. Out of breath, she dusted her skirt off, the feeling of anxiousness settling in the bottom of her stomach. She didn't even know why, but hopefully the person she was tutoring wouldn't notice.

Eunmi placed a perfectly manicured hand over the silver handle and turned it downwards, letting herself into the library. The library was quiet and calm, a lot more than she was. The only sound being the air conditioner running, it enveloped the room and the smell of old books took over.

She opened her phone, the screen lighting up as she scrolled through Mrs. Jang's emails to her about the tutoring session. Apparently the person Eunmi would be tutoring would be near the back.

The mellow sound of her shoes hitting the carpeted floors, making some students look up to which Eunmi ignored their annoyed expressions.

Her heart lurched at the sight.

Han Seojun.

Eunmi glanced at the boy who looked like he could fall asleep any second now, and she clutched her bag tighter out of uneasiness. Nonetheless, she swallowed down the disgusting feeling and put on her confident persona. This was not going to get in the way of her pride.

"Hello." she stated, sitting down on the opposite side of him. "We should get started."Eunmi dug through her book bag and took out the math textbooks they would be needing.

Seojun eyed her suspiciously. "You're my tutor?" disbelief coursed through his words. He leaned back in chair, watching as Eunmi continued to pay no attention to him.

"Do you have this book?" she pointed to the navy blue book, the one titled 'FOUNDATIONS OF GEOMETRY' in big yellow letters. "Nope." seojun said, popping the 'p'.

A harsh sigh escaped her lips as she pondered on what to do about it. "Do you even have a pencil?" Eunmi's tone dripped in annoyance. She got her hopes up when Seojun searched through his pockets, only to feel disappointed when she detected he was making fun of her.

"Let's just share the textbook and here's a pencil." she shoved her own pencil to him and opened the book to the page they were currently working on.

This was going to be a long hour.