xiv. spy

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

⋆·˚ ༘ *𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 / 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦⋆·˚ ༘ *

EVELYN WOKE UP DISORIENTED. She was in her bed in the room she was staying in at Megan's house, one of Dakota's older sisters, which is where she had woken up every day for the past 3 weeks. But something felt... off. That was when Evelyn remembered that she hadn't fallen asleep there, but on the couch in Louis's trailer. 

She had fallen asleep on Louis.

Evelyn's cheeks burned bright red as she sat up. She realized that she still had on her clothes from the night prior, and her bag was sitting on the floor next to the bed. Her phone had been put on the charger, and someone had filled up a water bottle and placed it on the nightstand. She grabbed her phone to check what time it was. 8 am. She let out a sigh of relief because she had a call for 11 am, and Evelyn was known for being a deep sleeper and being late because of it. She was about to put her phone down and get changed when she saw that she had a missed call. She tapped her notifications, and the one at the top of the list read: "You have (1) voicemail from 'goode or bad'!"

Evelyn groaned. She pressed play as she went off in a search for some clean clothes. Louis's voice on the recording wasn't exactly "soft" but it wasn't loud. It was just sort of nice and gentle and Evelyn could hear the sleepiness in his voice. "Hey, Evelyn. I'm just leaving this here for when you wake up in the morning. I called Dakota and she came to pick you up and she also took me back to the hotel. Asher was gone by the time we left, which was about 20 minutes after you fell asleep. I already emailed Moira- I didn't tell her anything, I just told her to expect a call or something from you concerning an incident. So- yeah. I'm running out of time but if you need anything, you can always text me and I'll see you tomorrow on se-." He was cut off by the voicemail reaching its time limit. Evelyn smiled, and she walked over to delete the voicemail. The conversations during drive to set were going to be a lot of fun

***

Evelyn stepped carefully and calmly, making sure that she wouldn't scuff her shoes on the old stone floors. She sighed  and whispered to herself "I can't believe we were on comms" before she made it to the end of the walkway and leaned against the cool, smooth stone wall next to a giant tapestry that was covering one of the "secret passageways" inside of the school and rested her forehead against it. Then, a voice is heard behind her.

"You know, I don't think I ever got the rest of my tour." Evelyn quickly turned around to see Louis standing behind her, a sly smile on his face. She was still getting used to hearing him talk in an American accent. "Zach, I'm not in the mood." Evelyn said, exasperated. Louis dramatically sighed and swung his arms around as he took steps to lean on his side against a wall to her left.