Chapter 14

As soon as Sophie's parents were out the door, she let the tears that had welled up poor out. She let them fall as Elwin explained that she had to be on bed rest and stay in the healing centre, so they could keep an eye on the baby and her health. She didn't sob or make a sound while crying other than a deep breath here or there and a nod once in a while, she just let the tears slide down her face silently as she took in the gravity of her parents reaction. Sophie thought that they would be mad and get over it and just be a bit disappointed, oh was she ever wrong. They absolutely were disappointed in her, to a point where Grady could barely look at her, and Edaline, Edaline of all people had left. She felt the guilt set in and lay a blanket over all the events that had happened in the past 2 months. Biana burst in the room followed by Tam, Linh, Dex and Fitz. Sophie quickly wiped away her tears before Biana and Linh tackled her in a crushing hug.

"You scared the living crap out of us, Sophie!" Biana looked at Sophie bewildered. "Bronte and Tiergan wouldn't tell us what had happened or if you were okay. The next thing we know, Keefe pushes past Sandor, and we see you in the back getting CPR by Elwin AND Livvy." She said more quietly when Linh added.

"Yea, we all started to yell and pushed in ourselves. We just stood inside the door shook to the core. We were in shock, none of us were able to look away from you until Sandor hauled us out." Linh's lip trembled as she spoke. "We also know about the baby, by the way." She said quietly. The horror that Sophie felt must've shown on her face because Tam jumped forward before Sophie could say anything.

"Don't worry, we're not mad." he glanced over to Keefe. "Well at least not at you." He glanced again at Keefe. "We're mad at the jerk who spiked the punch." Tam sighed and looked Sophie dead straight in the eyes. "We got your back, Sophie. And Keefe's too, or at least they do." He jerked his thumb at Dex, Fitz, Biana and Linh.

"I call being an Uncle!" Dex's hand shot up into the air, which made Sophie burst out laughing. She heard Biana, Linh and Tam also call being an Uncle or an aunt, which made her laugh harder, lightening the mood. She glanced over to Fitz who was lurking in the back whispering to Keefe. Sophie decided to let the 2 boy's sort out their drama and not get involved.

"Sure, you guys can be aunts and uncles. On one condition." Sophie said with a smirk.
"You bake me some butterblasts and some mallowmelt to eat, because I am craving sweets so much right now." And at that they all burst out laughing.

"Do you know the gender?" Linh asked her eyes glossy with excitement. At least Sophie's friends were taking the news well, Sophie thought as she remembered the disaster that had happened earlier with her parents.

Sophie snapped back to the present when Linh called her name. "No, I think we're going to keep it a surprise." She looked to Keefe who was still talking with Fitz. "I haven't even begun to think about names. I don't think Keefe has either. That's when Keefe decided to bud into the conversation.

"Uhm of course I have. I just haven't told you." He smirked walking up to her cot. He sat on the end of her cot and shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"Ok, so what are your suggestions?" Biana asked intrigued.

"Keefe Junior." He had the biggest smile on his face. Sophie just stared at him with a blank face. 

"Uhmmm, I absolutely refuse to name our child Keefe Junior." Sophie said with a scowl. "Nothing similar either." She added before Keefe could say anything else. Everyone had a huge smile on their face, even Fitz. They were chuckling at Keefe and his ridiculous name suggestion. She looked at them and asked "Any name suggestions?" Biana bolted up and out the door with no explanation while Linh blurted out:

"Yes! Piper? It's cute and flowy!" She looked at Sophie with an excited look.

Sophie responded "Ooooh that's a pretty one." When in reality in her head, she knew that Piper was just not a name she wanted to name her child. She also noticed that she was getting used to calling the baby hers, and that her doubts were starting to dissolve. 

That's when Biana BURST back through the doors with a pad of paper and a pencil. 

"Okay. So I have like 15 names." She flipped through a couple pages and stopped. She looked up to them with a huge smile on her face. "Ready?" They all sighed and nodded their heads. Biana started to list a lot of names, to a point where Sophie lost track of how many she had listed off. When Biana was done her and Linh started to fangirl over a couple of names and planned a visit to a baby clothing shop in less than 10 minutes. They quickly turned to Sophie and asked.

"Would you be okay with us leaving and going baby accessory shopping?" They both had huge pleading eyes.

"Of course! I don't need all 6 of you here." Sophie rubbed her chest where it throbbed. Probably due to the chest compressions. "Go ahead, just please don't buy too much stuff, I seriously don't need that much."

Linh and Biana squealed before hugging Sophie as gently as possible. "Feel better! We'll be back tomorrow!" Linh yelled before both her and Biana vanished outside the door. That's when Sophie noticed Fitz was gone and all who were left were Dex, Tam and Keefe. Of course Livvy and Elwin were in his office, probably figuring out which Elixirs Sophie had to take in the next 2 weeks. Dex and Tam stood in their spots awkwardly for a minute before they said good-bye. Before Tam left he whispered to Sophie:

"If Keefe gives you any troubles just call me. I'll give him a piece of my shadows. Also, try to keep the baby safe. It needs to meet me. I'm going to be its favourite uncle." He snatched a glance over to Keefe and walked out of the room. Keefe got closer to Sophie and carefully embraced her hand in his. He pecked her cheek which made her blush right away. Keefe chuckled and asked: 

"So what did Bangs Boy have to say." 

Sophie laughed and looked to Keefe. "It's none of your concern, don't worry about it." 

Keefe just shook his head. "So, how are you actually feeling. I know you are putting on your brave face, but after what just happened with your parents and with your accident you have to be a little bit hurt." And that's when the reality of everything came crashing back down.

Sophie let out a breath of air to calm her nerves. "I-I'm just disappointed in myself. I didn't think my parents would react that bad. Especially my dad." She paused. "He literally tackled you." Her voice wavered. "I- I just hope that they'll forgive me. It just hurts you know. I thought they might be a bit more accepting. And I feel terrible for breaking my dad's promise." Keefe rubbed Sophie's back as she let out a shaky breath. 

"It's going to be okay. They'll accept you I know they will. They are Edaline and Grady, they are the most accepting people I know." Sophie gave a tiny nod and sighed. 

"My chest is throbbing, I'm pretty sure it's from the CPR Elwin and Livvy gave me." Keefe looked down to her and got up. He walked to her bedside tray and grabbed a blue Elixir. 

"Elwin told me to give you this if you were in any sort of pain." He handed it to Sophie. "He also said that it would make you sleep like a little baby if you took it." Sophie winced as she downed the sweet syrupy contents of the bottle. She absolutely hated sedatives, but anything to keep the pain away from her baby, she would take. "I'm surprised you took that."

"There's been a lot of surprises the past couple of weeks hasn't there." She let out a small laugh at all the crazy stuff that has happened to her, when she felt the slight pull of the sedative and the pain slowly dissolving. 

"Have a great nap Foster. I'll be right here." She felt him lay beside her and put his arm over her as she slowly fell into the pink sparkly abyss of the sedative.