Chapter 22

Ethan's POV

How do I feel?

Hurt?

Anguish?

Destressed?

No.

I don't feel anything.

Nothing at all. I'm just blank. Empty. Void.

She left me and I didn't have enough balls to fight for her. I just stood there like a coward watching her strip herself from my life.

But I felt relieved. I'm no longer keeping her in the dark and I know she'll be careful of the people she lets in meaning there's still hope.

But at the same time there isn't. She trusted me again and I broke it again. Technically I didn't she asked for it. She told me she wanted to know everything about me and I let her in. I told her my other side. I wonder what she'll do If I showed her instead.

I fucking lost her again. I know where she is. I know where she ran to but I can't meet her.

Alone.

That's what I was told. She needs to be alone.  She need to think about everything and take it all in.  God knows how hard I try to stay away. I fucking need her.

"Boss, the room is ready." Ty say to me but I don't move from the spot I'm standing.

"Good." I say looking out the window. "Bring him to me." I command.

"Yes Boss." He replied and left me with all my thought.

She's gone and I just have to accept the fact that she might not come back. No she's going to come back, it's just a matter of time. I just need to give her time to take it all in. Everything would be back to normal in a few days.

Who the fuck am I kidding?

I've lost her and there's nothing I can do. I can't see her and she wouldn't want to meet up with any other person except that Charlie fucker. I don't want anything to do with that dickface. I know he had to say something for her to go running like a chicken.

"Thinking about it isn't going to help bring her back." I heard a familiar voice. A voice I despise.

"How dare you say that to me." I asked hurt and disappointed. I still look out the window. "Next time you say something like that to me you'll be with out a tongue."

"Thank you for bringing me here." I heard a bit of gratitude in his voice. He better be fucking grateful.

"I told you I don't want you dead." I turn from the window for the first time today. "I need you alive to feel the pain I feel."

"What do you need me for?" He asked sounding so broken. I've never seen him in this state before. Him not wanting to live anymore brings satisfaction to my soul. He made me this way and he has to watch everything I've plan for him.

"You know Nicole went on a date a few days ago." I drop the glass I'm holding and sit at the edge of my desk not so far from him. "He has my blessing."

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked with his voice breaking 

"You don't want to know how she's doing? no?" I asked turning my drink with the olive in it. "I was just updating you."

"Please don't mention her name." He whispered looking down at the ground. "Please."

"So you don't want me to update you on Nicole?" I asked taking the olive in my mouth. "Okay then I won't tell you how Nicole is slowly forgetting about your pathetic ass."

"I told you I can explain." He looks up at me with pleading eyes but I wasn't moved. "I can tell you why-"

"Why what?" I asked cutting him short. "Why you betrayed my trust. You betrayed me brother and you are going to suffer the consequences."

"You never gave me a chance to explain." He looked down at his feet. I follow his gaze and can't help but feel disgusted.

"I don't want to hear what you have to say." I stand up straight and go behind my desk. I sit down on my chair and get to the reason why he is here. "I didn't call you here to make you feel any more pathetic. I'm going to use you."

"What do you want me to do?" He looked back up at me with a bit of concern in his eyes.

"Honestly, I want you to watch Nicole move on but since I'm not that wicked I'm just going to have to settle for my other plan or do you want both."

"Vincenzo." He called my name in a warning tone. How dare him call me in a warning tone. I seriously need to remind this fucker I am not afraid to shoot a bullet through his skull.

"Don't ever call me that again understood?" I asked bringing out a pistol from my jacket pocket. He didn't respond but rather tried to look at me in the eyes. I shot a bullet to his right leg and watch him groan in pain. "I asked once more understood?"

"Yes" He winced and clutched his dear leg that was oozing out blood.

"Oh don't squeeze it so much I just changed the rug, wouldn't want you blood on it do we now?" I placed the pistol beside me. "Back to what I was saying, I want you to do something important for me."

"Why are you trusting me with this task?" He asked through clench teeth.

"You know better than to betray me twice don't you." I asked resting my back in the chair. "I want you to..."

I tell him everything I've planned concerning these Russians a plan to keep them away once and for all. A plan to get my family back to me once again. He can't do anything but help me he's guilty and needs redemption from me. And I need him. I need Francesco to execute this plan. 

I needed him to get her back to me.