˗ˋ 63

CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE ENCOUNTERS MANY

. . .

Now trapped in the maze, Elodie had no choice but to continue forward. Down she went, passing through each long passages, wand held out in front of her. 

Panic had settled in her stomach, and it no longer whirled around her mind and disrupting every single thought she had. And so, with a clear head, the Beaumont girl made her way further into maze, constantly alert.

It simply wouldn't do for her to lose focus on her surrounding, because nobody knew exactly what was in the maze and something could easily sneak up on her. But even her focus found herself creeped out by the maze surrounding her.

It was just so quiet. In the unnatural sense that it seemed everything was at a stand still, the only clue that it wasn't being the gentle summer breeze that rustled the hedges either side of her peacefully, an odd sense of calm amongst a terrifying storm.

Using the four-point spell to direct her towards the Triwizard cup, the sound of the stands faded into the distance and all she could see was the darkness of the night and the maze around her. Her wand spun right, and she turned the corner, freezing as her eyes set upon a rather vile looking creature.

It was extremely large, around ten-foot long and seemed to be some sort of beetle, seemingly completely covered in a shell. Light shot out, and Elodie's jaw dropped as she saw the grass behind it flicker up into a flame.

This were the Blast-Ended Skrewts that the twins had told her about. But as it seemed to hurtle towards her, any spells she shot at it seemed to bounce away. "It has stingers so it's male um.. covered in shell. Related to the manticore and fire crab - which can only be attacked through it's lack of shell on it's underbelly." She muttered to herself, eyes lighting up when she settled on the final fact.

It continued to move towards her, and Elodie moved back quicker. There was no chance of her being able to flip it over, and in a rather dangerous move, she flattened herself against the grass, angling her wand just right.. "Impedimenta!" She said, and the movement of the Blast-Ended Skrewt halted, it now moving extremely slow.

Shaking away the vine from the bushes of the maze that had wrapped itself around her wandless hand, Elodie jumped up and ran away, muttering the four-point spell and continuing forward, coming to a crossroads. It took her left, and she continued down the maze cautiously.

Turning yet another corner, she froze in her path. On the grass in front of her was a multitude of people. Not people - dead bodies. Her eyes flickered across them, terror rushing through her and rendering her legs useless.

Her mum, dad, and brother was first, all curled up on the floor and covered in blood. Then Fleur, and agasp left her lips as she recognised the twins laid there. But if they were in the stands then it meant that it was something else. "A boggart." But despite her realisation, Elodie couldn't move, hand tightening around her wand but unable to raise her wand.

She hadn't been able to to practise the spell against it, but she had lots of practise in her years before. It had always been dead bodies of the people she cared for, but it had never included the two ginger-haired twins that she had met whilst preparing for this very task.

Rather suddenly, someone moved before her and the vision of bodies very quickly turned into a dementor, and having only ever seen them in her text books, Elodie shrank back. 

The dementor exploded into a whisp of smoke as the person said the spell, and the girl felt life flood back into her, loosening her grip on her wand. "Harry, thank you." She said as the Potter boy turned back around, glancing down at his singed sleeve she tilted her head. "You found the Blast-Ended Skrewt as well?"

"Yeah - uh.. Cedric said they were around. And a couple of snake things, so you should watch out." He said, lookign rather awkward as they came to another crossroads. "You go right?"

"You've got it, good luck Harry, and thanks again." Elodie smiled as they parted ways. Feeling much more tense and alert after experiencing the boggart, she continued forward and stumbling upon a rather pretty looking golden mist. 

But even without setting foot in it, she knew appearances would be decieving. But she had no chance but to move forward.

And as she was about to step into it, shouts could be heard. Not one, but two. And glancing at the mist, Elodie took a deep breath and turned back, heading back towards where she had left Harry.

Hoping to be of some help to whatever horror he and some other champion were experiencing.

a/n
i'm mostly using
harry and cedric's 
experiences because
like otherwise i have
no clue what would be in
there