Chapter 48: Aaron LeStrange

"You've got to be joking," Aaron snapped

"You've got to be joking," Aaron snapped. Aspen and Cedric glanced between each other.

"She's very insistent on us doing this. Astrid wants Amora back," Aspen explained.

"Hell no, we're not using an Unforgivable Curse on our friend! Are you all mad?" Ned shouted.

"Ned...they do have a fair point," Belle muttered.

"You can't be seriously agreeing with them," Ned huffed.

"If it means getting Amora back, I wouldn't exactly...object the idea right away," Rey murmured. Aaron looked at her like she was a complete stranger.

He couldn't believe them. He stood up from the crowded kitchen table and began to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Rey called.

"To talk her out of this stupid idea," Aaron responded.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Amora?" Aaron called out quietly. There was no response.

"Um...Astrid?" Aaron tried again.

"Come in!" her voice rang out. He opened up the door slowly, and squinted his eyes at the amount of sunlight she was letting in the room. Her nose was buried in a book like it usually was, and for a second everything felt normal again. Then her eyes met his and his heart sank.

She was in terrible condition. Her skin was a sickly pale color and her brown eyes were sunken. She finally put on a nice beach dress, but it revealed multiple scars and angry marks. Nonetheless, she looked determined. She looked like Amora.

"I'm going to assume your Aaron, my twin brother?" she asked curiously. She tilted her head to the side as if she was trying to take a mental photograph.

"Yeah," was all he could say.

"We don't look anything alike," Astrid snorted.

"We get that a lot," Aaron chuckled. It was quiet for a moment, and the only sound in the room was the sound of waves crashing onto the shore.

"I think I know why you're here," Astrid muttered.

"Please, there has to be another way," Aaron begged.

"We don't have time. Harry and the others are getting ready to finally face Voldemort, and I need to be back to normal," Astrid explained.

"But what if you go loopy?" Aaron countered, his voice rising.

"At least I'll know who I am and be loopy!" she shouted. She paused and looked at Aaron, scared he was going to yell back.

"Calm down, I'm not upset with you I just...don't want you to get hurt," Aaron said softly.