THIRTY THREE

After a couple more hours of discussing plans of their next mission, I could feel my eyelids getting heavy.

"Hey Tomura, I'm going to show ____ to Dabi's room." Zoe offered, interrupting his lengthy rant.

He just waved his hand in approval, going back to what he was saying. I stood up from the couch with her and we walked past all the men talking.

Dabi and I made brief eye contact as I passed him.

He grabbed my arm and quietly whispered in my ear, "I'll be in there soon. I just need to talk with them a little longer."

I nodded in response, rubbing my eyes. He let go of my arm and Zoe led me down a dark hallway past the bar room.

Part of me was wondering why she was being so nice after all the things Shigaraki had said. I wondered if maybe this was her leading me to my death.

"I'm sorry my boyfriend was being such a perv." She laughed nervously, turning on the hallway light, "Him and Dabi are constantly fighting so I think he just wanted to cause a scene."

I rubbed my palms on my thighs, both surprised by her words and grateful they weren't aggressive.

"Oh, no it's fine. I'm sorry you had to hear that. I wouldn't want to hear that from my significant other." I replied, following her.

She stopped at a door almost at the very end of the hall. The one to the right had signs and gamer posters plastered all over it. The door I was about to go in to was plain, the door knob looking darker a different shape than the others.

Was it melted?

"He says stupid stuff all the time. But, I love him! So I put up with it." She gave a toothy smile then motioned in front of me, "Here's Dabi's room. Make yourself comfortable. I'm sure he won't mind."

"Okay, thank you."

We both gave a quick wave and she left. I turned the melted door knob, shaped in the form of a squeezed hand.

He must've done this when he was angry sometime.

I went inside and closed the door behind me, turning on the light. With a big yawn, I took in my surroundings.

It was plain. Queen bed in the corner with black covers. White walls. A tall lamp that emitted warm light. And a desk with a laptop on it.

There was also a closet, but I could make a solid guess of all the clothes that were in there. Plus I didn't need to be nosey.

I wondered if he was just a simple guy or if he just wasn't comfortable here.

He seemed to like all my stuff at my apartment. Always taking up my colorful comforter and blankets on my bed. Using my Tokyo mug. I always noticed his hands running across my fluffy carpet or across the cabinets in my kitchen.

This isn't a home.

My eyes felt heavier, I walked over and sat on his bed. His scent was strong. I wanted to lay on it and take it all in, but I could hear yelling in the other room which made me uneasy.

"I'll wait until he comes in here before I sleep." I said under my breath.

I leaned back against the wall and held my knees up to my chest, doing my best to stay awake. Shigaraki was scary. I did not like him.

But he wasn't as terrifying as the media made him out to be. It was just his quirk that was dangerous.

Knock. Knock.