Chapter XVI

"Korra?" Jinora called, looking around the cottage for her friend.
"They've gone now , you can come out."

Korra exited the cupboard she was hiding in for what felt like years and walked into the room where Jinora and Katara were. She checked the windows to see if the guests had completely gone .
"Who was it?" She asked .

Jinora looked at her with a serious expression.
"It was Asami."

"What was she doing here?" Korra asked with a frown.

"That's not the last of it." Katara butted in, cleaning up the plates.

"Kuvira was here." Jinora said.

Korra's eyes were like dinner plates.
"What?" She muttered. What was she doing here ?
"She was with Asami?" Jinora only nodded, that was enough for Korra to start packing her things.

"What are you doing?" The girl asked, watching Korra dash around the cottage.

"If Kuvira was with Asami then I need to follow them." Korra explained, pulling on her green coat.
"I need to get to the Sato Manor as soon as possible. Something could happen."

"I'm coming with you."

"No." Korra responded back almost instantly.
"You need to stay here where it's safe."

"Let her go with you." Katara spoke up, making Korra stop what she was doing to give the old woman a glare.

"There's no chance I'm letting that happen." Korra spat.

Katara shook her head.
"Jinora can get you into the town without the guards getting suspicious."
Jinora gave her grandmother a thankful smile and ran to her room to start packing the few things that she had brought with her on the very first day.

"Katara this is dangerous and you know that." Korra growled as she dug her hands into her pockets, pulling out a cloth. Kuvira's face covering.

"I know dear. But she can help you more than you think." The old woman said, pouring herself a glass of water. She then gave Korra a smile.
"Besides, no one will hurt her with you around."

Korra's scowl faltered slightly at that comment. She couldn't help but let out a chuckle and hug the woman that had saved her life.
"Thank you, for everything."

<->

Kuvira bardged through the door and was immediately hit by the intease heat, but she shrugged it off like it was nothing. Kai jumped at the sudden noise and gave Kuvira a glare.
"Jesus Kuvira, you have to be careful. You'll break my door."
She reached into her coat pocket and pulled out a flintlock pistol.
"Christ , you actually did it." Kai said, taking the pistol into his own hands. He examined it like a child would to a new toy, a glimmer in his eyes. He'd never seen anything like it.

"Will this do the job?" Kuvira asked, her tone was stern.

Kai nodded. He had already started to take it apart .
"This will do nicely."

"Good. How long will it take you to make more?" The woman questioned, getting frustrated as the heat started to effect her.

The blacksmith looked at her with concern, why was she being so blunt lately?
"A few days at most."

"Well, hurry. We need these weapons as soon as possible." Kuvira commanded, wiping the sweat that started to form on her forehead away.

"Kuvira?" Kai called, his eyebrows furrowing. He knew someting was bothering her. It had been bothering her for weeks and he didn't know what it was .