Charming

Chapter 7

Home is where the heart is. The craziest feeling is when a person is your home.

I was sure he was my home, everything just felt so real around him. Well I thought.

Everyone lies. Everyone deceives. And everyone will break your heart, one way or another.

————

Ever since he brought me home we've been watching movies all night, neither of us were tired.

He'd glance over at me every once in awhile, kinda like checking on me. "What?" He shook his head looking away.

His eyes just held no emotion, his face never showed emotion, he was just blank. You never knew what he was thinking, and if you thought you did...you were wrong.

I felt his body tense as his phone rang, he tends to do that a lot, he always answers his phone all angry. I would fall for the ones with anger issues.

"I have to go." He said coldly. The way his energy can shift so quickly is terrifying. "Oh okay." Before he left he stopped at the door, almost like he was hesitant about something, but whatever it was he brushed off and left.

As I lay in bed later that night all I could do was think about his jet black hair, his icy blue eyes, the tattoos that ran all down his perfectly toned body. Oh god i'm a mess.

I wonder where he had to go so urgently this late at night? Whatever it's not my business.

I put my headphones in and walked down my apartment stairs. The cold air smacked me in my face as soon as the door opened. When I cant sleep at night I go on walks. My mind never stops running.

As I was walking I heard muffled sounds coming from an alleyway. Elaine do not get involved. Keep walking, mind your business.

"Please Mr. Siciliano! I'll have your money" Siciliano? Isn't that Kings last name? I tried to shake it off until I heard his deep voice, "You had your time. Times up." Then a shot rang out.

In the moment you would think you'd run but I was frozen. He just killed someone...Oh my god. A sob escaped my lips as I tried to run away. Hence the word "tried."

"Elaine." I stopped running but didn't turn around..."please don't hurt me" He chuckled "if I was to kill you, you'd be dead already, no?" He had a fair point...

"Why did you protect me? Why did you lie to me? Did you mean anything you said!" I didn't even realize I was angry until I began speaking.

"I protected you because you clearly needed my protection." Tears ran down my cheeks as he stepped closer to me, "and I didn't tell you because I knew you'd be scared" I took a step back, terrified.

He rubbed his head, "come here." I shook my head violently. "Come here." He said more demanding this time. As I came closer to him he opened his arms, I slowly stepped into them feeling my heart beating out my chest. "I'd never hurt you."

"King we have to get back." A guy said from behind us. He sighed before looking down at me "Come with me"

"Where?"

"My place."

The car ride was rightfully silent. Trying to take in everything I experienced in this week made my brain feel like it was going to implode. King had explained to me that when he moved here to New York that he took over his fathers business that was ran here. He didn't use the word business, but referring to it as business makes me feel better.

We pulled up to a huge building, he opened my door holding out his hand, leading me inside the building. We went all the way to the top floor. His penthouse was huge! I always liked smaller places, for some reason I always felt safer knowing I can see every part of my apartment just by spinning.

"The King Siciliano brings a girl home! Never thought we'd see the day."

"Elaine this is Cole, Keegan, Carmelo, and Cell." They were all big scary looking men like King, except King was taller and definitely stronger.

"Nice to meet you Elaine"

"Do you have hot friends?"

"Are we keeping her!"

I laughed at  all the comments they made, "I do have two very hot best friends" They all looked at each other overly excited.

"Well Elaine" Keegan said slinging his arm over my shoulder "welcome to the family"

King gave Keegan a cold look before pulling me aside. "They seem cool" He rolled his eyes "They're idiots."

"You aren't a ray of sunshine either!" We heard Cole scream across the room.

"I wanted to tell you but I knew you'd react...well the way you reacted." Raising my eyebrows I stated, "who wouldn't react like that?"

He shrugged sitting on his couch, "You can stay here anytime you want." I went over to the window, taking in the big city that never sleeps.

King came up from behind me, startling me, "I have this, I want you to wear it at all times." He put a chain necklace around my neck that the initials KS on it. "Why?" He shook his head walking away, "probably cause I said."

I sighed "Whatever"

"And if I found out you took it off i'll kill you"

Charming.