Chapter 12: Insidious

A/N: Happy early Valentines Day you dirty fucks. Here's an extra spicy chapter for you ;)

Betawork done by AlmondMilkTeaDoubleBoba and LeilahMoon - and a special thanks to samhuster!!

Vices chapter 1 is up! 8th year, post war, head boy/head girl. Check her out.

Here we go...

xoxo, carmen

-

With eyes as round as saucers, Draco followed her movements as she left him in the hallway. He was still breathing heavily as he leaned back against the castle wall, trying to get his shit together. His heart was thundering in his chest, and he raised a hand absentmindedly to brush against his lips.

His lips. Which had just been on hers. She'd kissed him, and he still felt like his entire body was on fire. His blood was singing, bones aching as they implored him to go after her, finish what she started. Draco wanted to chase after her, grab her by her stupid hair, drag her into the nearest classroom, and bury himself inside of her. Hard and fast, a punishment for walking away from him like she could. Like she did.

Having had plenty of 'what the fuck' moments in the past few months, he could safely say that this was one of them. After the confusion melted away from his brain, the anger set in.

Granger had walked away from him. She kissed him, gave him a taste of what he knew he could have had again, and then abandoned him. Everything in his body was burning as the anger seeped in. It set in his bones, his blood, his brain, his cock. Everything in him grew hard, running cold and hot at the same time as adrenaline rushed through his veins.

He was seeing red...No, not red - brown. The last thing he'd registered was the way her wide eyes met his before suddenly, they were gone. The color of dark chocolate, the same color as the antique furniture he'd had in his bedroom all his life. He now considered the color ruined. Tainted now, like so many other things in his life - all colored or touched by her in some way.

Draco found himself starting to see the world in a different light, through a different lens - a lens that somehow wrote her into everything - and it was a terrifying prospect. He didn't want to consider what it would mean to have her become integrated into everything like this.

Still leaning against the wall, he forced his breathing to slow before ducking into an empty hallway off the corridor he had been in, sinking to the ground and shutting his eyes. He tipped his head back against the brick, doing his best to steady himself. He couldn't hide her away unless he could focus. The first thing he did was picture himself in an empty field, eyes on the stars in the sky.

It calmed him. Until he opened his eyes and felt as if there had been a silhouette, an outline of someone there with him in his head, watching him while he stared at his sky. He didn't have to think twice to pinpoint who it had most likely been.

Gasping as if he'd been underwater the whole time, he came back to himself. Draco immediately sprung up and started sprinting for his dorm.

He fuelled his anger into a run. At least the pain that came from the burning and straining of his muscles was something he could control, could dictate. It was all up to him - he had a say in it. And, right now, he so desperately needed to slow the hurricane that was his thoughts.

Spiting the password once he got to the common room, heading straight for his room and stumbling inside, he immediately grabbed his robe and made for the shower. He was still sporting a raging hard on, and he blamed himself for the fact that his thoughts hadn't left her in the hallway, like she had left him. That but that needed to be rectified immediately. The sooner he could rid himself of her, the better he'd feel, he was sure of it.