[ Chapter 31 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

It has begun raining. Little droplets of clear water fell from the sky onto cold hard stone as everyone got back onto the wall after the whole castle debacle. Ymir was pulled up by a special device, making sure her wounds didn't get any worse than they already were, while everyone else climbed the walls like they usually would.

You stood next to Hanji, who had offered you their cloak but you declined. "Hanji?" You asked softly, gripping the glove on your [Right/Left] hand.

"Hm? What is it, [Y/N]?" They turned to you, their glasses hiding their eyes. You looked away, staring at the landscape. "Can I tell you something?"

"How about you tell me after the mission, we have some urgent things to do right now..." They answered you carefully, they didn't know of anything that had happened at the castle. They didn't see anything of what you did, of what you were capable of. You clenched your fists but dismissed it. "Yeah.. After this mission."

Christa, erm Historia now, came running to the two of you. "Please believe me!" She panted. "I'm telling the truth! Ymir transformed into a Titan to fight off the other Titans and save us! She did so with no regard for her own life, which proves her loyalty to us, her comrades! It's true her judgement until now is unforgiveable. After all, she may know things useful to humanity and yet she kept quiet about it! I imagine she didn't say anything in order to protect herself. But... now she's a changed person! Ymir is an ally of humanity! I know Ymir better than anybody. She's a much simpler person than she looks!" She explained to the higher up, determination filling her eyes as she continued her words.

"I see" Was Hanji's reply. "Obviously, I hope we can build a trusting relationship with her. Her judgement aside, the information she holds is a treasure for humanity. I hope we can get along." You scoffed, you've seen it with Eren before. Everyone is scared of the two, how would they get along with her?

"But you know.. " Hanji started walking, you and Historia following them. ".. even if she's a simple person, this world becomes more of a confusing mess with every passing day. Historia stayed quiet. "You said.. your real name was Historia Reiss?"

Reiss.. That name.. it felt familiar to you. Where was it from? Where did you hear it before?

"Yes, that's right." Historia answered honestly. "Reiss, as in that noble family? " Hanji asked her again. "Yes" she answered again. "I see." They stopped and turned around, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Nice to meet you, Historia." Historia blinked, a little bit confused. "Yeah.."

You left the two and wandered on your own. Once your eyes layed down on the figures of Berthold, Reiner and Eren, you made your way over to them. You patted Reiner's shoulder as he was sitting down, holding his injured arm. "Shit, it hurts.."